Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

HBS battletech is fun are the dlc on steam sale?

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

fishing with the fam posted:

Man, I've tried to start Stellaris multiple times, but it's all so god drat byzantine I feel like a blind man throwing darts. I think grand strategy games are just too complex for me, and I top out at Civ.

:hmmyes: i (stupidly) got in on Stellaris at the ground floor, and I've followed through a couple of the big patches and picked up a DLC here and there, but its just kinda too much :shrug:

A goon remade MOO2 and Ive been meaning to check it out

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's not that complicated, you let time pass and then have events happen while doing busywork inbetween, both Stellaris and CKII are insanely boring if you don't have a childlike imagination.

:same: Well said LSBB. Thats exactly how I feel about Stellaris - if I get enough :350:, than I can make up my own fiction about whats happening and all the busywork feels like a piece of something bigger. Most of the time I'm soberish, or just not willing to get that high, and its an excel simulator.

Szyznyk posted:

In the same way they made modern reskins of Pirates! and Sid Meier’s Colonization I just want a glossy reskin on Master of Orion 2 with more species, better A.I. and a gigantic galaxy. As for Paradox, I’m still content with CK2.

:haibrower: I would even take the conceit of an autobattler for the space battles, as long as it was along the lines of Dominions/Conquest of Elysium

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

I would never automate my stellar converter-equipped doom star fleet apocalypse.

:hmmno: Time-capacitor equipped doom star fleet armed with thousands of enveloping, shield-piercing phasers, with the targeting computer stuff that ignores armor and triples damages to hulls. Stellar Converter can fire twice with a Time capacitor? IIRC i could destroy something like 40+ doom stars with one equipped as such.

although if you get your tech level really far, you can fit stellar converters on battleships, which is even more game breaking