Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

My yearly check of did paradox discount any content I think I'll play this year.

Someone looked at civilization play time and Sims average user spending and went how do we combine these and milk the 4x players.

Which honestly a long run engine with support is fine on paper but man do not turn a paradox game on that just got dlc for like 6 months even if you don't own that dlc.

I am someone that enjoys a bit of jank in my games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

In Stellaris you can play as sentient space weed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Smugworth posted:

You just reminded me I bought Stellaris like 4 years ago on Xbox for full price and have yet to sink more than an hour into it

I have even less free time to play now than I did then so it doesn't look good

Well good news it's probably cheaper to just buy it on steam than get that copy up to date so if you ever have free time forget about it. You want mods and mods want *all* the expansions* That or :filez: you know.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

All of the newer Stellaris DLCs are still full price. The most recent one that actually gets a discount is Nemesis, and that came out two years ago.

As someone who has been patiently waiting for Overlord and First Contact to go on sale before I burn my money on more digital spaceships, I have to say that this is bullshit.

Can you backdoor the sale by buying the "complete pack"? Since you already own the rest you only pay for the ones you don't own. This sometimes works out sometimes it doesn't, devs can exclude things. E: I took a look myself, last played 2019 buying the ultimate bundle I'd save $6.66 over cherry picking. Last time I grabbed Cities Skylines expansions they worked out cheaper to grab the ultimate and I think I back doored the new expansion.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 12, 2023