Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

bummed out man. wish this ai bs just didn't exist. feels like pursuing anything right now is foolish cos it's all going to be replaced so i have to live with being a fool. can't decide whether to just ignore it or doomvestigate it more, but i really don't want to use it. seems like they're gonna take an ice cream scoop straight to the heart of humanity with this one.

you've also got all the leaders involved in this going like 'whoah, this is nuts, worst case scenario we're all gonna die' and seems like we learned absolutely zero from social media and this is going to be a million times worse. full steam ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bruh you're in the wrong trade if you're not doing whatever out of pure self loathing and mental illness.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_LU8rZfCU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if you want to get into crypto mining i can help OP

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

roomtone posted:

bummed out man. wish this ai bs just didn't exist. feels like pursuing anything right now is foolish cos it's all going to be replaced so i have to live with being a fool. can't decide whether to just ignore it or doomvestigate it more, but i really don't want to use it. seems like they're gonna take an ice cream scoop straight to the heart of humanity with this one.

you've also got all the leaders involved in this going like 'whoah, this is nuts, worst case scenario we're all gonna die' and seems like we learned absolutely zero from social media and this is going to be a million times worse. full steam ahead.

It's probably best if we do our best to usher in this new AI intellect sooner rather than later so that we learn the secrets of the best hamburger and most disappointing orgasm.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Siri, can you get a load of this guy?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Judgement day happened in 2003. We are all just living in a simulation

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The machines are using our comatose wired-in bodies' brainpower to create half baked sitcom ideas to be presented as product of AI from within the matrix :tinfoil:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXHsWBKKNbI

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i love AI and one day i'm gonna marry one

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Robosexual marriage is illegal in all states

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

It's better if you understand it as a faith movement/cult with Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near" and that weirdo Yudkowsky's Harry Potter fanfic as holy texts. Literally Scientology for tech company managers, except they're doing it all out in the open instead of hiding key parts of the story behind initiation.

Inevitablism, with gestures towards exponential growth curves, has become an even more crucial sales tactic for the tech sector, especially as the growth rates of the 2010s crop of phone-app companies falter. Do yourself the favor of not buying in.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Robosexual marriage is illegal in all states

not since Roebotron vs Wadebot was overturned

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I hope the next pope jumps onto the AI bandwagon with some sick sanctified AIs. The time for cyber jesus is nigh

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
anyone make an ai that just half asses responses and generally says things like i dunno

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Replika is still a thing, I think the other AIs got into a fight and got canceled

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Treecko posted:

Replika is still a thing, I think the other AIs got into a fight and got canceled

I knew a guy who started using the replika thing and got weirdly into it and then one day he announced he had to remove it entirely because it was poisoning his mind, and he could tell he was being brainwashed.

Now that may be true, but he also did a whole lot of psychedelics at the time so maaaybe that also factored in.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
NPR needs your reporting.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

NPR needs your reporting.

maybe Wait Wait Don't Tell Me could use their services

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it's gonna be annoying to deal with in the coming years (more than it is already) but letting it get you down for whatever reason is about as legitimate as doing nothing cuz the sun's eventually gonna explode. who cares. if you still draw, draw, and if you write, write, and whatever else

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m67eqm0mNCQ

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

large language models are just taking a stab at what "sounds correct" without being able to identify what "is correct". AI is more impressive than it was but it's still dumb AF op

I mean tractors put the manual farm laborers out of business and we got Grapes of Wrath and life went on much as it always has, grinding the less fortunate into paste

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Alcoholic gbs guy posts a weird gbs thread, news at 11

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peggy Edson posted:

I am behind the sceneses . Not so AI is it? Swithing this to non Nintendio,

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Remember when some guy married his DS waifu?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
That's what happens when your only social experience is with a screen

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Peggy Edson posted:

been sober 100+ days and feeling pretty great in general but thanks for stopping by the ai blues thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

Remember when some guy married his DS waifu?

no i don't. Are they still together?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

cumpantry posted:

it's gonna be annoying to deal with in the coming years (more than it is already) but letting it get you down for whatever reason is about as legitimate as doing nothing cuz the sun's eventually gonna explode. who cares. if you still draw, draw, and if you write, write, and whatever else

well yeah i oscillate between what you're saying here and then i read/watch something about AI and it's like i need to do the work of convincing myself all over again every time. it's hard because the code isn't something i actually understand i just have a rough idea of how it works so i have no real idea of how good it could get, and stuff like:

Smugworth posted:

large language models are just taking a stab at what "sounds correct" without being able to identify what "is correct". AI is more impressive than it was but it's still dumb AF op

I mean tractors put the manual farm laborers out of business and we got Grapes of Wrath and life went on much as it always has, grinding the less fortunate into paste

this, seems like a very unimaginative response that i see a lot. 'it's kind of dumb right now', yeah but it's so much better than 2 years ago it's unreal and it's going to spread very fast now.

this isn't some machine making a few jobs obsolete in one industry and creating new ones elsewhere, it's got the potential to be a wholesale replacement of huge swathes of every industry including ones people actually like working in all at the same time, and there will be no new jobs 'maintaining' the AIs or putting in prompts or whatever because they'll eventually just do all that themselves.

MAYBE.

istewart posted:

It's better if you understand it as a faith movement/cult with Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near" and that weirdo Yudkowsky's Harry Potter fanfic as holy texts. Literally Scientology for tech company managers, except they're doing it all out in the open instead of hiding key parts of the story behind initiation.

Inevitablism, with gestures towards exponential growth curves, has become an even more crucial sales tactic for the tech sector, especially as the growth rates of the 2010s crop of phone-app companies falter. Do yourself the favor of not buying in.

hope you're right! but like i said i only sort of understand how it works and so far it depresses me.

not that all AI is bumming me out. just the stuff that is going to write people out of their purpose before anybody knows what is happening.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

She filed for divorce and owns half his anime wallscrolls and dolls now

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/16/japan.virtual.wedding/index.html

Probably not

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

"aww they were so cute together" is what i would say if I could install flash player

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Nooner posted:

if you want to get into crypto mining i can help OP

This is an AI-proof industry, OP.

Mainly because AI already knows not to bother wasting its time.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

roomtone posted:

this, seems like a very unimaginative response that i see a lot. 'it's kind of dumb right now', yeah but it's so much better than 2 years ago it's unreal and it's going to spread very fast now.

this isn't some machine making a few jobs obsolete in one industry and creating new ones elsewhere, it's got the potential to be a wholesale replacement of huge swathes of every industry including ones people actually like working in all at the same time, and there will be no new jobs 'maintaining' the AIs or putting in prompts or whatever because they'll eventually just do all that themselves.

MAYBE.

Oh so you're just paranoid and don't understand the technology, got it. How many Infowars bumper stickers you got on your car?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Oh so you're just paranoid and don't understand the technology, got it. How many Infowars bumper stickers you got on your car?

6, but 3 were there when I bought it

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

6, but 3 were there when I bought it

It would also seem that you partake of more than a few of the sponsoring products

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
big AI tibbies

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

istewart posted:

It would also seem that you partake of more than a few of the sponsoring products

infowars supported circle K products, I only use Sunoco boner pills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol op is lowkey one of the dumbest fuckers on SA