Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I always liked chicken nugget day. The worst was ham and peas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Mexican pizza or turkey potatoes w/ gravy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nice av OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pizza day. But my HS had a decent chicken sandwich & tater tots available often.

Everything else was pretty poo poo though.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Baked potato bar babee

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I liked my friend's lunch tote. She introduced me to a pomegranate.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Sauteed potatoes with grated cheese on top. Doused with lots of salt, pepper and vinegar. Washed down with a corton of 5alive tropical. I still make it home myself somedays.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Those burgers that were like half soy, drenched in condiments

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

americans give kids like, pizza and burgers and chicken nuggets and fried chicken for lunch everyday, that's crazy. Like how about a tuna fish sandwich for the poor 8 year old instead?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Nice av OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t really remember op

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It all sucked to be honest. Poor quality, poor nutrition, it was just cheap and if your family was poor it was free or close to free.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I marvelled at my fat friend taking all the vegetables out of his sub.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The ones my mommy made for me

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
In grades 1-6 which is "lower school" in Finland (7-9 is "high school") I remember really liking the meatloaf and even asked my parents why they make theirs as nice. Our school had it's own kitchen and the cook and a helper cooked all the meals from scratch.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Behind the scenes is like any kitchen. But best lunch? Still my friend's tote.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I had a fat friend who drank a lot of SunnyD. I pointed out to him that the stuff was only 5% juice and he said "That's what I like about it!" He would never eat a fruit or vegetable unless it was in pizza sauce. He only stopped drinking it when he heard the rumours about it turning people yellow/orange.

By the time he was in his early twenties he was suffering from sleep apnea.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Valko posted:

I had a fat friend who drank a lot of SunnyD. I pointed out to him that the stuff was only 5% juice and he said "That's what I like about it!" He would never eat a fruit or vegetable unless it was in pizza sauce. He only stopped drinking it when he heard the rumours about it turning people yellow/orange.

By the time he was in his early twenties he was suffering from sleep apnea.

The reason there’s so much pizza sauce and ketchup is because it would look bad if a bunch of kids got scurvy from their all nugget and fry diet.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lil’ smokies and beanie weenies.

Also, there was something magical about those little ice cream cups that came with the flat wooden spoon.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Fiestada.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
It was all pretty lovely, but then again so was my mom's cooking (who loving boiled ribs and chicken before putting them on the grill). So not much difference between the two. They each even put fruit cocktail in the jello.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Treecko posted:

turkey potatoes w/ gravy

The turkey mashed potato slop is overwhelmingly the most popular at both school districts I've worked in.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Drunk Nerds posted:

The turkey mashed potato slop is overwhelmingly the most popular at both school districts I've worked in.

My one kid loves her school's turkey gravy swamp plate.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mac and Cheese was awesome and had a nice breading on top. Too bad it was so rare.

We also had a nacho bar which was great, but probably also 40% spit towards the later lunch periods.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 14, 2023

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
days when the coffee town kids played crop duster in the cafeteria

not THAT crop duster. this one is played by stabbing those little cardboard milk cartons with a fork and then throwing it across the room.

e: i always brought lunch from home

e2: voted 2

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Treecko posted:

Mexican pizza

If it was the one that was octagon shaped or whatever then that is the correct answer. Octagon shaped public school Mexican pizza was a fine lunch imo

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

titties posted:

If it was the one that was octagon shaped or whatever then that is the correct answer. Octagon shaped public school Mexican pizza was a fine lunch imo

Yes, that one.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

In elementaryI remember pretty much everything but the square pizza being inedible dogshit (and even the pizza was mearly just ok). When covid happened and the schools closed down and did weekly food give aways that included a lot of unused cafeteria food and it seems like nothing has changed lol.

Luckily the food in middle and high school was way better.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hot dogs on macaroni. I don't remember having tomato sauce on those.

The worst was rice pudding

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DrManiac posted:

In elementaryI remember pretty much everything but the square pizza being inedible dogshit (and even the pizza was mearly just ok). When covid happened and the schools closed down and did weekly food give aways that included a lot of unused cafeteria food and it seems like nothing has changed lol.

Luckily the food in middle and high school was way better.

The individual meals reheatable food was great but the dried food was inedible and came in a huge box.

I worked out a thing with my elementary school where I came and got all the remaining food after the 12-1 pm weekly Monday giveaway. I set it all up in my garage and left it open 24/7 for everyone to just come get what they need. But they wouldn't let me just get the hot food I had to take the boxes of dried garbage.

Eventually my garage was so full of those stupid boxes of dried apricots and w/e I had to make a dump run to make room for the meals. Homeless shelters stopped taking the dried food even.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
French bread pizza, but yeah the turkey mashed potato slop was great too

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hell yes. Went from being ostracized for being the "creamed turkey" enjoyer in elementary school to everyone looking forward to turkey slop day in HS

The kids are alright

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oven baked cheeseburgers :yum:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Oven baked cheeseburgers :yum:

Our school lunch burgers never had cheese and I think they were just reheated patties from Sysco or the like. Blech.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It was a tie between French bread pizza and those breaded fish rectangles with cheese on top underneath the breading

forumsacct51423
May 14, 2023

by vyelkin
filet mignon with soy sauce

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
teddy bear picnic bitch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Treecko posted:

Yes, that one.

Awwwwww yissssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
elementary school: brought our own.

Middle school: food brought in from KFC or other restaurant

High school: The culinary students cooked with varied results

Are cafeterias in elementary school an American thing?