Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
This is a general thread for discussing topics related to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit (2S) aromantic and asexual topics as well as a community space for goons that identify as one or more.

This is a thread that gets made every once in a while and I hope it can be a good space. :)

For something to talk about initally; How did you realize you were a part of the community and What is the most important thing for us to focus on activism-wise in the near future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Optimistically reserved

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hello can one of the As be for Ally instead? Or maybe add another A?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

For something to talk about initally; How did you realize you were a part of the community

I've had a bit of journey in terms of identity.

In highschool I said I was bi, since I liked men and women at the time. (Even I had a prewoke period).

Once I got to college I started to experiment a bit and tried out they/them pronouns for a while as a freshman. That didn't quite fit, and I had thoughts about being a woman since middle school, but I really needed to be away from family to start thinking about it. I think I decided to transition medically after attending a Laura Jane Grace concert (Against Me!) and wandering around campus late at night alone while crying. I came out to my best friend and have been quite happy being a lady, although I'm not super duper fem aside from my hair, which I've been growing out for 8 years now. It's pretty long these days and I love brushing it.

I've been on HRT since then, and I think it significantly changed my libido and these days I say I'm asexual, since I don't gently caress and don't care. It's a little weird to see how mechanistic my desires are, but it really doesn't affect my life since, well, goon.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nix Panicus posted:

Hello can one of the As be for Ally instead? Or maybe add another A?

No.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

How did you realize you were a part of the community
kids on the school-bus and in gym class kept calling me "human being" and i was like "that can't be correct, i'm not attracted to men" but it turns out human sexuality is pretty complex!

only took me a few decades after that to start transitioning but oh well better late than never

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you forgot the F for furry

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

they keep adding letters but they still can't make a satisfying anagram out of them. it's a conundrum, like do you keep inventing sexualities and hoping you get some vowels in there or do you stick with what you got so it doesn't get any longer?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Mantis42 posted:

they keep adding letters but they still can't make a satisfying anagram out of them. it's a conundrum, like do you keep inventing sexualities and hoping you get some vowels in there or do you stick with what you got so it doesn't get any longer?

Which sexualities do you think are invented?

Also consonants are queer culture

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i'm a sapiosexual, does this make me a minority

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Which sexualities do you think are invented?

all of them. not real

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Xaris posted:

i'm a sapiosexual, does this make me a minority

Yes, but it also makes you sex negative and are therefore cancelled

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Tokin what do you mean by your desires being mechanistic?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Weka posted:

Tokin what do you mean by your desires being mechanistic?

I wanted to gently caress constantly regardless of context and generally acted like a horny idiot* while testosterone dominant and a few weeks after starting HRT the way I got horny and my interest in other people both massively changed to be a lot more situational and overall less something that I wanted to share with partners. Two pills changed what used to be such an important thing into a non-issue over a few weeks.

* Admittedly some of that is down to being a teenager but it's pretty common for sex drive to decrease without testosterone and increase with T across AMAB and AFAB people.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Which goddamn letters will they be adding next?!?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

QUILTBAG worked for awhile but it got longer

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That sounds derogatory. Like if I saw someone call a gay person a QUILTBAG I'd think it was some sort of Freeper slur.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I didnt say it was a *good* anagram, just that one was possible, and even then you have to cheat in the U.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Grevling posted:

Which goddamn letters will they be adding next?!?

These letters are blessed of the lord.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I’m demisexual :smugbird:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the SA stands for something awful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
finally, it's the LGBTQQIP2SAA thread

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Mantis42 posted:

That sounds derogatory. Like if I saw someone call a gay person a QUILTBAG I'd think it was some sort of Freeper slur.

LeGBUTT

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

someone must've picked up this steam code already because I didn't get anything

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Why do two-spirit people get their own letters but Hijra people don't, American exceptionalism at its finest IMO, we need an H in there.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm more of an rear end guy than anything, not sure where big butts fall into this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im bi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i first learned about it when i thought "hmm i think im bi" and then later started fooling around with men as well as women

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

finally, it's the LGBTQQIP2SAA thread

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Butternubs posted:

Why do two-spirit people get their own letters but Hijra people don't, American exceptionalism at its finest IMO, we need an H in there.

We need another N for new-half

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i've reclaimed the f slur but the zoomers still bristle at me using it. i deserve it and will continue to self refer using it, as a treat.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kids in the hall and buddy cole specifically probably had a lot to do with my self discovery

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
those the alphabet people and their words!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
found out I was bi or whatever because I got incredibly horny while reading a seanbaby article in middle school

I think I was too into the research paper I did on how to expand coverage on gender confirmation treatments in college freshman year to be strictly cis

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 20:08 on May 14, 2023

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'm gay

i just don't know what degree of gay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

redneck nazgul posted:

i'm gay

you have to pick a letter OP. it's illegal not to

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you have to pick a letter OP. it's illegal not to

shut up pat sajak

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://youtu.be/6ISb355-pyg

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

redneck nazgul posted:

i'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Butternubs posted:

Wouldn't you need to translate each letter in to different languages to get the appropriate acronyms?