Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Shiroc posted:

One thing that is kinda mixed is that Trans Pride and the Dyke March moved off the main streets so they wouldn't run into issues with the city requiring cops for permits. Obviously gently caress having cops anywhere near us but it also makes things less visible.

one time a pride event I attended in San Fran had a float for the 'Dykes on Bikes' chapter and as most of them were harley davidson riding types I would imagine more representation like theirs could help with policing such events in the future :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yeah, Trans Pride had some of them out protecting the street entrances to the park. On my way out I made sure to stop by and pay my respects by saying that I thought their bikes were really loving cool and thanking them for everything they do.

If I ever got one of my own it would be a sportbike kind but theirs were genuinely badass. One of them had this absolutely stunning Triumph. Having some dreams of a cool dyke (but I repeat myself) offering me a ride.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

StratGoatCom posted:

just got my HRT blood test drawn

I had a post draw near faint, but I did it

worth a quail's egg.

:stoked:

if they'll let you, the trick is to lay down, put your knees up and take off your shoes

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Dyke March was cool. Wasn't whisked away by one of the Dykes on Bikes this time but I'll keep dreaming.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Next time, Shiroc :hai:

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Hey wow; it turns out rightwing groups can just accuse anyone of being a groomer and genital mutilator with no proof or facts!

quote:

A Nebraska lawmaker filed a defamation lawsuit against a local far-right political action committee after members claimed she was grooming her transgender son.

The complaint was filed Wednesday in Douglas County District Court by the Nebraska Legal Action Fund on behalf of state Sen. Megan Hunt of Omaha, alleging that the Nebraska Freedom Coalition — including members Patrick Peterson, Robert Anthony and Malia Shirley — made “intentional, reckless, and knowingly false statements” about Hunt, claiming she sexually abused and groomed her 13-year-old son.
The coalition made such claims on Twitter after Hunt shared that her son was transgender during a contentious debate over a bill that will restrict access to gender-affirming care for individuals under 19. Since then, the coalition has repeatedly called Hunt a “groomer,” and posted photos of her child.

Following the initial post, the Nebraska Legal Action Fund requested the coalition retract its statements, but the coalition doubled down in a post that was still pinned on its Twitter page as of Wednesday.

Megan is slapping them back with a defamation suit and I hope she kicks these creep's asses into the ground.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gaylor Moon posted:

Hey wow; it turns out rightwing groups can just accuse anyone of being a groomer and genital mutilator with no proof or facts!

Megan is slapping them back with a defamation suit and I hope she kicks these creep's asses into the ground.

idk if she'll get far with this because she's an elected official and the laws on defamation are different for them but best of luck to her.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

A big thanks to everyone who came out for Pride Month, but now its back in the closet until next year when you're once again deemed marketable

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

This is a general thread for discussing topics related to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, pansexual, two-spirit (2S) aromantic and asexual topics as well as a community space for goons that identify as one or more.

This is a thread that gets made every once in a while and I hope it can be a good space. :)

For something to talk about initally; How did you realize you were a part of the community and What is the most important thing for us to focus on activism-wise in the near future?

post hole

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
yet forums goons dwell in such, so be careful where u tread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_CG_FF6WI

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
a butthead who is dumb and mean in another thread that I don't want to further derail described transitioning as an unending nightmare and I wanted to come here and say not it isn't.

I am quite happy with my transition. I love my friends and partners. I love my community. I love being my authentic self even if someone looks at me and is aware that I am not a cis woman. Jerks and bigots do make things much more unpleasant than necessary and I had to move states and go through periods of homelessness but I made the right choice. If I met a future me who detransitioned, I would be disappointed.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
transition ftw. theres inconveniences to any medical treatment but with this one i am spared an unending hell, not subject to one. wish i'd gotten it much sooner

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i can't believe 16 bit butt head would say that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i can't believe 16 bit butt head would say that

i can

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the LGBTQQIP2SAA thread has fallen

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lpzie now has a pass to this thread. not the fag thread however

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

reserved to remind me that i realized earlier tonight maybe i'm missing being hitted on, so tomorrow i can write it all out and look at myself in the mirror and confidently say, "yes obviously you retard"

i'm too edibled for this

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the mixed tense really sold the sense of a weed freak saying that in a weed freak tone of voice

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

yes i'm a smidge freaked mebbe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Gravid Topiary posted:

reserved to remind me that i realized earlier tonight maybe i'm missing being hitted on, so tomorrow i can write it all out and look at myself in the mirror and confidently say, "yes obviously you retard"

i'm too edibled for this

youve been hit by, youve been struck by

a smooth hottie

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

transition is ok

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zoeb posted:

a butthead who is dumb and mean in another thread that I don't want to further derail described transitioning as an unending nightmare and I wanted to come here and say not it isn't.

I am quite happy with my transition. I love my friends and partners. I love my community. I love being my authentic self even if someone looks at me and is aware that I am not a cis woman. Jerks and bigots do make things much more unpleasant than necessary and I had to move states and go through periods of homelessness but I made the right choice. If I met a future me who detransitioned, I would be disappointed.

Transition is a mixed bag for me- happy with myself, love the life I've built, love being in touch with my body, love queerness and the queer communities I've met and become part of.

On the other hand, the parade of (necessary) medical procedures was exhausting, painful, and ludicrously expensive, the alienation and hostility of cis folks in a deep red state was caustic to my sense of self until I found a more welcoming trans-positive environment to live in, and the continual effort by the state government to cast me as a pedophilic monster and encourage stochastic acts of terror against me and my family is probably going to turn me into a refugee again within the next year. I'm fed up with running.

For all that, I would never go back and I would do it all again. But it sucks to be trans, sometimes.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Ohtori Akio posted:

transition ftw. theres inconveniences to any medical treatment but with this one i am spared an unending hell, not subject to one. wish i'd gotten it much sooner
I was so alienated from my body that despite being relatively physically active, they thought that I might have had a stroke when I started physical therapy. and that's with like 2 years of doing mindfulness stuff, body scan meditation etc. prior to that. I was making pretty slow progress until I started HRT. Less than 2 months into it I'm doing better at some things than these jocky guys and wrapping it up.

e: last bit was a little extra. the point being that gendered structures such as in the right prefrontal cortex modulate all kinds of stuff like bodily sense integration and kinethetics, my brain didn't masculinize normally, and hormonal stuff contrary to those structures was loving things up regardless of how I felt about gender.

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Oct 18, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
transitioning took me from constantly wanting to off myself to only sometimes wanting to off myself, then I got a good job and now I don't want to off myself at all. It's nice

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Are you f*****s being sincere and cringe without me?? Wow. Wowwwwww.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
youre often cringe but never sincere

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Poppers posted:

Are you f*****s being sincere and cringe without me?? Wow. Wowwwwww.

your cringe has no power in this place, poppers

see this is the hufflepuff gay thread and your thread is the slytherin gay thread,

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
this thread is INFJ and poppy's thread is ENTP

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

so say for example i posts a snippet of the results from uh bdsmtest.org for example, for a laugh, and then a long time online buddy who is way out of my league kind of responds indirectly and says something like uh "I'm sad because i just learned <someone i'm interested in> says they've never <somethinged>, but if they ever want to... winky face."

i didn't think she was talking about me, but then i had a wine mom moment while taking a bath yesterday evening and got loosey goosey up on edibles and a valium i found and thought it would be a fine idea to take and post pix of my wrinkly nekkid flesh with amusing self-deprecating captions, but my online buddy reacted with less amusement and more, hmm, eager interest perhaps?

am i reading too much into this? is this just goofy flirting?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Ohtori Akio posted:

youre often cringe but never sincere

Begone troll bitch. I’m always sincere in the f****t thread

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Serious question/advice: Do you trust the friendship enough you can just ask her those questions? :shobon:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Gravid Topiary posted:

so say for example i posts a snippet of the results from uh bdsmtest.org for example, for a laugh, and then a long time online buddy who is way out of my league kind of responds indirectly and says something like uh "I'm sad because i just learned <someone i'm interested in> says they've never <somethinged>, but if they ever want to... winky face."

i didn't think she was talking about me, but then i had a wine mom moment while taking a bath yesterday evening and got loosey goosey up on edibles and a valium i found and thought it would be a fine idea to take and post pix of my wrinkly nekkid flesh with amusing self-deprecating captions, but my online buddy reacted with less amusement and more, hmm, eager interest perhaps?

They want to bottom you out :cheersdoge:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also yeah to be clear it absolutely sounds like she is into you, but I bet it would do your heart a lot of good to hear that from her directly :)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Gravid Topiary posted:

fuckin go for it

just remember this post 10 months from now when you live together and youre drafting the "do they LIKE like me???" post when you already co-own a new cat and plant and share a bed

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
poppers and bird lady are right. tell her you want to get your poo poo wrecked :cheers:

RHase
Sep 4, 2016

turning in my lurker card to also say that being trans owns and finally going through the process of transitioning after years of wanting to is the main thing that pulled me out of suicidal depression since preteens, which is something i never thought was possible after years of feeling that way. if i could wake up a cis woman at the cost of my trans experience, even with how hosed the world is, i'd still rather be a tranny since i could never give up the people i've met through my transition that i only met due to my transition, the joy that came with slowly building confidence, self-love, and happiness with my body after over a decade of hating everything about myself and never thinking such feelings were possible, or being able to see my wife go through the same journey and seeing how outwardly happier and comfortable with herself she's become due to it.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
id rather be a cis woman due to the missed opportunities to be a psychotic womens sports lesbian throughout my childhood personally

Herbert Stencil
Aug 25, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gravid Topiary posted:

go get laid stupid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I sent someone nudes and they turned into the tex avery wolf and started pounding both of their fists on the table. I better ask the politics forum what this means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I sent someone nudes and they turned into the tex avery wolf and started pounding both of their fists on the table. I better ask the politics forum what this means