Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Ohtori Akio posted:

transition ftw. theres inconveniences to any medical treatment but with this one i am spared an unending hell, not subject to one. wish i'd gotten it much sooner
I was so alienated from my body that despite being relatively physically active, they thought that I might have had a stroke when I started physical therapy. and that's with like 2 years of doing mindfulness stuff, body scan meditation etc. prior to that. I was making pretty slow progress until I started HRT. Less than 2 months into it I'm doing better at some things than these jocky guys and wrapping it up.

e: last bit was a little extra. the point being that gendered structures such as in the right prefrontal cortex modulate all kinds of stuff like bodily sense integration and kinethetics, my brain didn't masculinize normally, and hormonal stuff contrary to those structures was loving things up regardless of how I felt about gender.

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Oct 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

i've noticed that trans women often love battletech/mecha. it makes too much sense to me as someone who ended up working with robots professionally and I don't like it

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

tokin opposition posted:

I wanna work with robots irl

Give me your job and I'll give you a better gender
if you're legit interested there's stuff on like khanacademy for electromechical, and udemy for coding, ROS, PLC etc. and plenty of doors into it on the lower pay range

i could go for either a tiny nudge towards binary woman or a complete reboot with a guy's heart

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There are many companies in the Northern Virginia area that excel in working on robots, drones, and other automated equipment. Many CSPAM posters love working there.
i did normal stuff in the corn belt like hazardous waste disposal. maybe i will become a NoVA drone murderer though if they have good DEI culture

nice obelisk idiot has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Apr 13, 2024