Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

For me it was getting a cat. I was initially reluctant to and now I can't believe I was ever without a pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Quitting a job that I honestly loved and enjoyed, ruined by two toxic fuckers (the boss and his yes pet) that dragged the whole place down. Best decision I recently made.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

You Are A Elf posted:

Quitting a job that I honestly loved and enjoyed, ruined by two toxic fuckers (the boss and his yes pet) that dragged the whole place down. Best decision I recently made.

What happened? Sounds interesting.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

pencilhands posted:

He quit a job that he honestly loved and enjoyed, ruined by two toxic fuckers (the boss and his yes pet) that dragged the whole place down. Best decision he recently made.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Harvey Mantaco posted:

He quit a job that he honestly loved and enjoyed, ruined by two toxic fuckers (the boss and his yes pet) that dragged the whole place down. Best decision he recently made.

I was seeing if he would elaborate.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
dieting and losing some weight. it's an ongoing process but after 3 weeks I basically feel like "the old me" again, I have way more energy and are more mentally present in the day. that sounds like some bullshit but it aint

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

abigserve posted:

dieting and losing some weight. it's an ongoing process but after 3 weeks I basically feel like "the old me" again, I have way more energy and are more mentally present in the day. that sounds like some bullshit but it aint

Yeah, I really need to do this myself. Congratulations

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

pencilhands posted:

My coworker was an rear end-kisser who never stood up for or with his other coworkers and really only ever looked out for himself and getting on the boss’s good side. He was Waylon Smithers irl. My boss wasn’t actually that bad. One of those crab-rear end “jerk with a heart of gold” types, but he could be more jerk than heart, you just had to joke around with him to stay good. He was a Silent Gen’r though and should have retired at least 10-15 years ago, though and just drags the place down with being there in the way.

A promotion came up and my coworker usurped it from me because my boss thought he was more qualified even though I was doing 90% of the work and literally everyone in the company thought I was gonna get it. I immediately put in my two weeks notice after another coworker told me he overheard my boss on the phone talking to my coworker calling me a “shithead sore loser” because I was visibly and mentally depressed. When I handed him the resignation paper, the next two weeks he was disgustingly syrupy sweet with me, I guess in an effort to get me to stay.

Didn’t work :getin:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Bought some new work boots and good insoles.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Oh yeah, and another coworker overheard my boss telling someone that he was gonna talk to me one-on-one the Monday of my final week to reconsider leaving with maybe a small raise to entice me, so I called in sick that Monday to use up my sick time :laugh:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Not recent, but moving to WFH has been a boon for my lifestyle. I only have to work three or four days a week and it saves a bundle on fuel for my car, and Zoom meetings are more tolerable than regular ones. Kinda miss the free lunches we got every meeting though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Also, I had a cold or something for a few days and was blasting a gang of snot out of my nose.
Its mostly done now, but I've been spending a few hours now off and on digging dried up/crusted boogers out of my nose with my coke nail little finger.

Breathing easier now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I stopped beating myself up about the mistakes I make. I still make the mistakes, I just don't beat myself up about them.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I bought a suit of armour

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Welbutrin

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Quit social media. Other than Discord and SA.

I only check Twitter for updates on Ukraine.

No fucks given.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Purchased MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries for my computer

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Nooner posted:

game on gamer

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I stopped taking adderall for my ADHD on March 22nd, because there was a 9+ month long national shortage that was leading to delays in filling my prescription every month - there was a wait list to refill, you couldn't go on the waitlist until the day of your refill, and it was usually 3-5 days long. So every month I was spending 3-5 days withdrawing from amphetamines which really hosed up my life even outside of those 3-5 days every month.

Withdrawal was loving terrible and took 3+ weeks but now I get better sleep, feel healthier, and don't have to dread that 3-5 days every month. And I've learned to cope with my adhd pretty well without meds.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

It's even better on Xbox in its purest form

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Not recently, but things that I've basically tripped over that have honestly been the highest returns on investment vs the lowest effort:

• Reading, practicing, and applying, "How to win friends and Influence People".

Really, you can get a ton out of this bit: "People like to talk about themselves. Let them. Pay attention and ask meaningful questions." You can get huge mileage out of this. The entire book is basically, 'A Nerd's Guide to how to be Effective In Social Environments'.

• Dropped Adderall.

Well, I used to borderline abuse this when I was diagnosed with ADHD. The withdrawal sucked because it felt like I couldn't function. The trick at the end of the day was the accept this as a reality and work with and around it. I'll probably never be the best in my field, and I struggle with days just vanishing to distraction, but I have enough discipline to march on in my field and I do OK.

• Got a cat

I love my cats!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
So all the goons getting off addy, you looking to sell those scripts now or what :ninja:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
um....oatmeal?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

So all the goons getting off addy, you looking to sell those scripts now or what :ninja:

I gotta get a ADD test done soon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Nooner posted:

I don't know if anything has changed but it's extremely easy to get your own (if you are a male in the US, sorry women :( ), they pretty much just ask you if you have ADHD and then ask if you'd like to treat it with medication. I didn't even have to get tested for ADHD, I talked about how much I struggled in school then said I tried someone else's adderall once and talked about how eye-opening it was lmao. I did have to get an EKG first to make sure it wouldn't explode my heart. I had this experience at 3 different psychs (only one required the EKG) but that was all pre-2020

(I did have to get tested after 3 years on it tho)

From what I hear it's incredibly difficult or nearly impossible for women to get an adderall prescription

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 16, 2023

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
it is infuriating to say, but: joining a gym to do strength training for the first time in my life.

I started at the end of February and, although the visual results are very mild so far, going 3x/week for an average of roughly 45 minutes has been rewarding anyway. The strength difference between doing Literally Nothing to A Little Something has made the following experiences noticeably better over the past month alone:

- Helping a friend move
- Playing with my niece and nephew
- Volunteering at a food bank and being the box-mover
- Bringing literally every single bag from the car into the house in one trip after going to the grocery store

No huffing or struggling!

My progress has already begun to slow because I'm not going crazy in my workouts and my diet is mostly garbage that fails to support optimal muscle growth, but if I plateau soon, that's fine with me because all I wanted was to have a higher baseline strength level for everyday life like the above list. It's not stressful or unpleasant to go to the gym, the soreness fell off dramatically after the first few workouts, and sometimes it's even fun. I think it can and will be a lifelong habit from here on out.

And if you'd told me that in February (after I had already procrastinated for two months to try out that particular NYE resolution, and arguably like 15 years since I first thought that it was probably something I ought to do), I would've looked at you like you were crazy.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
going to a new and different weed store. they have weed infused candies in mrs d8's fave flavors and it was the perfect mothers day gift.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

tbh it was rescuing a feral kitten from the streets of the hood outside my apartment in October, she's been a fun addition to the family

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Spaghett posted:

Welbutrin

Sup Wellbutrin buddy :hfive:

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
I bought an electric car!

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I upgraded my tele from a 12 year old 55 inch HDTV to a 75 inch 4k and I have found my love for occasionally watching movies again

I've actually been a bit of a tight arse the last few years so its been nice to have something new and inspired me to update some of my other household items also

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

I haven't drank in like ten days, but I'm taking 3-4 hour naps in the afternoon now. So, I'm getting more sleep. Days are long so I started picking up metal things again and am enjoying being tired and sore.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I bought a second full-size Cintiq. Now I can go between visiting family in MT and friends and contacts in LA whenever I want. I don't have to stress about vacation time/work backup/ holidays/etc. because I'm still 100% remote.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm going to physical therapy for my wonky shoulder and doing a bunch of strength training to build up my back and support the shoulder. It feels good man.

Kudos to you goons getting off medications. I'm glad you're in a place in your lives where you can make that change with intent. And also kudos to you goons getting ON medications. That's hard to do too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm going to physical therapy for my wonky shoulder and doing a bunch of strength training to build up my back and support the shoulder. It feels good man.

my left shoulder got rebuilt 20 years ago because I have Ehlers-Danlos and it dumped out on its own so many times that my ortho said it looked like I fell off a motorcycle going 80, dislocated it and rolled.

Only had one dislocation on that one since the surgery, but it's like 50% rebuilding the shoulder and shrinking the capsule 20 years ago, and 50% yoga/position and support awareness and training going forward.

Lol my left pec, delt and scap are twice the size of the right side and have been permanently since I was 17 because they were basically entirely holding the shoulder together in place of the ligaments for longer than anyone would like to imagine they were.

Definitely feels good to fix serious shoulder problems, having a shoulder just go out is very scary poo poo.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

logged out

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Nooner posted:

Bruh, this shortage just made me quit ADHD meds like the other goon in here. It sucks. I'm noticeably struggling and i havent had it in 3 months. I can't concentrate when people are talking so i don't remember what they say. I struggle to maintain my focus on a task and it leads me to doing incorrect things and loving my own poo poo up. Like, i am literally worse at my job and it occasionally makes me feel like a piece of poo poo.

This amphetamine shortage is hosed for those of us with some big league brain fuckups.

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 16, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Spaghett posted:

Bruh, this shortage just made me quit ADHD meds like the other goon in here. It sucks. I'm noticeably struggling and i havent had it in 3 months. I can't concentrate when people are talking so i don't remember what they say. I struggle to maintain my focus on a task and it leads me to doing incorrect things and loving my own poo poo up. Like, i am literally worse at my job and it occasionally makes me feel like a piece of poo poo.

This amphetamine shortage is hosed for those of us with some big league brain fuckups.

One thing I noticed is that the usual timeframe for withdrawl is 3 weeks but I took 1 adderall after 2 weeks (1/2 my daily dose) and it completely reset the clock on that, it took a full 3 weeks from then to get over the actual physical withdrawal symptoms.

But once I got over them I realized how hosed up being on adderall made my mental health, it made me paranoid and aggressive and distrusting of people (I think just because I was like, hypervigilant and noticed all of their actions and overthought it), so now I feel like I'm way better off even though I can't focus on things well anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

One thing I noticed is that the usual timeframe for withdrawl is 3 weeks but I took 1 adderall after 2 weeks (1/2 my daily dose) and it completely reset the clock on that, it took a full 3 weeks from then to get over the actual physical withdrawal symptoms.

But once I got over them I realized how hosed up being on adderall made my mental health, it made me paranoid and aggressive and distrusting of people (I think just because I was like, hypervigilant and noticed all of their actions and overthought it), so now I feel like I'm way better off even though I can't focus on things well anymore

start doing mindfulness meditation and stuff