Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Mia Wasikowska posted:

this heat team is great though and im glad theyre not gonna be remembered as all time chokers or whatever

probably the thing i'm happiest about even as a heat fan. too many guys who get zero attention unless they do what they're doing in the playoffs and getting that recognition, then being on the wrong end of a historic moment would be awful

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's something i just thought of that's really funny: the boston celtics' entire run in the eastern conference finals

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mia Wasikowska posted:

this heat team is great though and im glad theyre not gonna be remembered as all time chokers or whatever

stuker posted:

probably the thing i'm happiest about even as a heat fan. too many guys who get zero attention unless they do what they're doing in the playoffs and getting that recognition, then being on the wrong end of a historic moment would be awful

It's amazing how much the narratives shift on teams just based on the order that they win in
8 seed Miami losing 4-0 to celtics: ah, just didnt have the talent, what can you expect out of an 8 seed
8 seed miami clawing back from down 3-0 to lose 4-3; wow, great effort by scrappy underdogs, love to see it
8 seed miami blowing a 3-0 lead: insane choke artists, cursed franchise

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Game 5 narrative may as well be from two completely different series if the team trailing 3-1 won game 3 as opposed to game 4.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

forwarding that to Jimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I liked how on Wikipedia the Heat were listed as the ECF champions with 7 minutes left in the 4th. Was looking up some historical stuff out of my wife’s and my interest and had a hearty lol at that.