Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I AM INVEENCEBLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s either Hal, TMor, or Tokes

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

loving rad

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Why not grand?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Also as much as I want to vote Hal just on general principle I’m not sure I feel like voting the other vote leader on a day 1 scum execution.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Also as much as I want to vote Hal just on general principle I’m not sure I feel like voting the other vote leader on a day 1 scum execution.

Yeah but MQ specifically came in going “hey cool who are we gonna turbo?” When Hal was at -2 already. Absolutely strikes me as scum behavior wanting to post but not just drop a vote on their scumbud

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but MQ specifically came in going “hey cool who are we gonna turbo?” When Hal was at -2 already. Absolutely strikes me as scum behavior wanting to post but not just drop a vote on their scumbud

Maybe. This is a decent point.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Ok yeah reading MQs posts I’m back to Hal being fair game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That’s dumb I wouldn’t have been an early vote on my scumbro when there was a strong chance I was going to be the other option

I don’t think it’s grandi at all, no idea why Sandwolf wouldn’t suspect voodoo at all but would suspect me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

That’s dumb I wouldn’t have been an early vote on my scumbro when there was a strong chance I was going to be the other option

I don’t think it’s grandi at all, no idea why Sandwolf wouldn’t suspect voodoo at all but would suspect me

Hal… not one chunk of this makes sense. Why would you not commit to the bus if it were scum v scum D1? Why would I suspect voodoo? Did MQ even mention them? What?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hal… not one chunk of this makes sense. Why would you not commit to the bus if it were scum v scum D1? Why would I suspect voodoo? Did MQ even mention them? What?

I would never ever bus my only scum buddy D1 in a game with this crew. The odds of me making it to the end alone are almost 0.

And MQ not mentioning voodoo is not any sort of point in his favor

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

I would never ever bus my only scum buddy D1 in a game with this crew. The odds of me making it to the end alone are almost 0.

And MQ not mentioning voodoo is not any sort of point in his favor

Nah,

##vote Hal

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Getting slightly scummy vibes from Hal's defensiveness, but I dunno

Tmor's silence is suspicious but his post makes me think he genuinely didn't see the hammer in time (thats what happened to me in race 2)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd be more inclined to Tokes or Grandicap for going after Hal than Hal himself tbh, but not confident

wanna see more posts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Nah,

##vote Hal

well you are going to look dumb later

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I actually don't really think it is voodoo at the moment, TMor or tokes IMO

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Then why even go through the earlier effort to throw shade on Voodoo while not mentioning tokes or TM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Then why even go through the earlier effort to throw shade on Voodoo while not mentioning tokes or TM

I was out walking the dog and saw the two of you talking about me and I reacted while still in a tizzy over the incredible slander that was happening and maybe it wasn’t totally well thought out

Also I thought voodoo was voting me and not MQ on D1, he was just casually shading me instead but hey who wasn’t right

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

The day I’m not casually sharing Hal is going to be a sad day indeed.

I don’t know though I don’t think I want to vote Hal today.

##vote tokes because I’ve missed you dearly and I’m sorry you were scum this game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Shading. But I like to casually share Hal too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Shading. But I like to casually share Hal too

:captainpop:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There’s plenty of Hal for everyone

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I might be making a big mistake here,, but I think its just academic at this point. Im the doctor which means that there's a cop. So I think with the roleblocker out we can just process of elimination this to victory :shrug:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cop if you are out there sit on your investigations for another day

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Unless you caught scum ofc but I presume you’d have spoken up by now, town reads will be valuable closer to lylo, easier to pen in the last scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Token Female posted:

I might be making a big mistake here,, but I think its just academic at this point. Im the doctor which means that there's a cop. So I think with the roleblocker out we can just process of elimination this to victory :shrug:

Also who’s scum

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Sandwolf posted:

Also who’s scum

I'm leading hal or tired mostly based on the vote. I'll have time tomorrow morning to actually post something coherent

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Token Female posted:

I'm leading hal or tired mostly based on the vote. I'll have time tomorrow morning to actually post something coherent

I would definitely like to see how it would be me based on the vote but I’ll wait until tomorrow morning I guess

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh of course when mq is scum, i was afk

anyway, i have a feeling scum knew mq was gonna get turbo'd in game 3 anyway.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Token Female posted:

Theres a setup that has a doctor and no cop, so we can't know that for sure.

My gut is really torn on Hal, I just don't think he's scum and SOMEONE who is scum is going after him but I don't know who yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Theres a setup that has a doctor and no cop, so we can't know that for sure.

My gut is really torn on Hal, I just don't think he's scum and SOMEONE who is scum is going after him but I don't know who yet

The scum had a role blocker though so that means if there is a doc then there is a cop

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hal Insandenza posted:

The scum had a role blocker though so that means if there is a doc then there is a cop

I'm dumb and definitely misread or skimmed Wins' post, thank you!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##unvote

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also this is more just theorycrafting but if we have a doctor and a cop and roleblocker is dead would it at least make some sense to have cop claim now? We will get a minimum of two clears and possibly a scum hit.

If cop doesn’t claim then tokes is just guessing as to who to protect tonight.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I think if cop did not investigate tokes then it might be solvable right now?

Sand
Hal
Grand
Voodoo
Tokes
Stalin
Tmor

Let’s just use names as placeholders for a theory

Voodoo cop
Voodoo has grand as town night 1
Execute Hal town
Tokes dies n2
Voodoo has sand as town night 2
Execute tmor
Voodoo dies night 3

Day 4 would be:
Grand cleared town
Sand cleared town
Stalin scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What if cop checked the person that's dead XD

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

What if cop checked the person that's dead XD

Yes that could happen too I said it’s theorycrafting.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I think if cop did not investigate tokes then it might be solvable right now?

Sand
Hal
Grand
Voodoo
Tokes
Stalin
Tmor

Let’s just use names as placeholders for a theory

Voodoo cop
Voodoo has grand as town night 1
Execute Hal town
Tokes dies n2
Voodoo has sand as town night 2
Execute tmor
Voodoo dies night 3

Day 4 would be:
Grand cleared town
Sand cleared town
Stalin scum

Even though this is just placeholder names, I want it all to be exactly how the game plays out.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

With a flipped scumblocker the setup could be either

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.

So Tokes could be on the up and up and there is a cop and this game is solvable, or there is not a cop and Tokes is the last scum.
But if it is a gambit, then we will know by the final 3. Because there won't be a cop flip or a doc flip, and the cop if they exist would claim there if they hadn't already.
So if it is a gambit it falls apart before scum victory, it will just draw it out.

Assuming that the cop exists, and they have a clean investigation (not Tokes or a dead person), they need 1 more clean investigation before claiming to guarantee a town win. Or just nail scum, that works too.

If we only need 1 more clean investigation, it might make sense for cop to claim today, so that they draw the Token doc (Token dies tonight like in Voodoo's vision), get their second clean investigation, then we ride those 3 cleared town to endgame (2 investigations + the cop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I almost claimed even before tokes did, but I am the cop with a town investigation on grandi

so it's from the pool of voodoo, sandwolf, TMor or Stalin