Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

BLDuck posted:

Well that escalated quickly...
Can't say the outlook for my career--copywriting--is great.
I'd take bets that within the next decade I'll just be editing lovely AI copy for 8 hours.
And now that the cat is out the bag, I don't see this pre-mentat tech slowing down.

Let's talk about pivots.

What career path do ya'll think will survive this disruptive wave?
Any white collar jobs you see as the next tech-bro?

Your big danger is the people hiring you thinking that ChatGPT can replace you. It's far better at making things "look" right than actual technical content being accurate.

IE it makes very good looking legal documents until you show them to a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

InfiniteZero posted:

I think this is closer to the truth. Clickbait "news" threatened real news but didn't totally kill it and it doesn't replace actually good journalism. Made-by-committee cinema like the MCU generates massive amounts of money and is hugely popular but it hasn't murdered actual visionary cinema. Both of these things that were driven by mediocrity and formula were supposed to have become dominant but didn't.

ChatGPT by design is mediocrity and mimicry, something people will certainly eat up but there will still exist a market for people who rise above that in whatever they do.

Made by commitee cinema has not directly killed art films, but it mostly pushed them out of the major studios with few exceptions.

That's where A24 is making it's money now, and it doesn't do the big blockbusters.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

madattheinternet posted:

Childcare would be a great AI proof field to get into.

Until the Nannybots are released.