Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Just like Jamie Benn's partners, this is terribly anti-climactic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Stars really crawling off into the sunset, covered in ants and parched with cracked lips as vultures circle overhead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll go ahead and say it

Either Oettinger loving sucks or he's hurt. And if he's hurt he should not be playing.

Ryan Suter is absolute dogass.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

grack posted:

Just like Jamie Benn's partners, this is terribly anti-climactic

I keep seeing jokes like this, what's it about? Is he like DJ Khaled, doesn't go down on his wife?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also to any stars fan in this arena that wants to blame this game on Jamie Benn for any reason, please drink poo poo. Game 3, sure. This one is a bit more widespread.

Also Robertson is on notice going into next season. Just an abysmal playoffs for him. Again.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Bad night for green teams

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Shinjobi posted:

Also Robertson is on notice going into next season. Just an abysmal playoffs for him. Again.

I know we're emotional because of a bad game 7 loss, but Robertson had two very good series and a very bad Seattle series. 18 points in 19 games, 11 goals, 7 assists.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Also to any stars fan in this arena that wants to blame this game on Jamie Benn for any reason, please drink poo poo. Game 3, sure. This one is a bit more widespread.

It was a hell of a playoffs for Dallas considering Oettinger really only stole maybe a couple games and was pretty bad in a few.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Huggybear posted:

jesus I did not notice that Benn doesn't have to wear a visor he's that old. How old is this team anyway? Suter, Benn, Pavelski

slightly younger on average than Vegas actually lol

The Stars have a much more extreme distribution though with a bunch of guys in their mid to late 30's (those guys you mentioned plus Dadonov and Glendening) but those are off-set by some younger players.. Vegas is like an entire team of guys who are 28 to 31.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It was a hell of a playoffs for Dallas considering Oettinger really only stole maybe a couple games and was pretty bad in a few.

Yeah I wanna be clear that I'm not mad. Sad, sure, but I've seen worse from this organization.

And yes, Robertson has been way better this series than everything previous but God it feels like it's too little too late. Otter may be okay. He might! I still think they hosed up not using a 3rd goalie more often when Wedgewood got hurt, so this could all be nothing moving forward.

Just...going into elimination period down 3-0 and your whole team turned back into pumpkins. It's rough.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Good soup! posted:

This loving rocks lol

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah I wanna be clear that I'm not mad. Sad, sure, but I've seen worse from this organization.

And yes, Robertson has been way better this series than everything previous but God it feels like it's too little too late. Otter may be okay. He might! I still think they hosed up not using a 3rd goalie more often when Wedgewood got hurt, so this could all be nothing moving forward.

Just...going into elimination period down 3-0 and your whole team turned back into pumpkins. It's rough.

Yeah I don't blame you for lashing out at all. Just want you to remember that Jason Robertson is still a young superstar and put up numbers worthy of that despite not looking that way.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Starsfan posted:

slightly younger on average than Vegas actually lol

The Stars have a much more extreme distribution though with a bunch of guys in their mid to late 30's (those guys you mentioned plus Dadonov and Glendening) but those are off-set by some younger players.. Vegas is like an entire team of guys who are 28 to 31.

thanks I could have googled. Jason Robertson is awesome, I think if Dallas loses they won't need to make major changes to go for a cup run again next year (other than ditching Suter, good god retire man, there is nothing more cringeworthy to watch than an aging former first line D who sucks and makes way too much money)

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

well the good news is there's no reason this team shouldn't be better next season.. they have a couple of blue chip talents coming in for 2023-24 and they are losing some of the chaff off the bottom of their roster.. there are clear opportunities for improvements if they can resist the temptation to fill up the roster with more Luke Glendenings and Colin Millers..

bringing in a 3rd goalie with NHL experience who could start in the AHL would be reasonable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Now if you want pure strain, emotional drop from me, here ya go:

I'd like to tell the Minnesota Wild to eat poo poo forever for having a PK so absolutely atrocious it had the refs afraid to give Dallas power plays.

Yeah I know that was two rounds ago but I already said this was pure emotional garbo. Hope you enjoyed it.:tipshat:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Oettinger is officially Kari Lehtonen 2.0

What a pleasure I get to see both meltdowns in person

Sorry dude :(

I moved away from Dallas over 20 years ago, I think Belfour was goalie the last time I went to a game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's going to be okay! Hell, by next season that family will be officially divorced and maybe we can all collectively move on as a fanbase. I believe.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jake Oettinger played so much this year. feels like they shouldn’t run him so much in the regular season next year if they can

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: down 4-0, good god what a soul crushing typo by me

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Huggybear posted:

I keep seeing jokes like this, what's it about? Is he like DJ Khaled, doesn't go down on his wife?

yes

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Huggybear posted:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

Jake Oettinger played so much this year. feels like they shouldn’t run him so much in the regular season next year if they can

yeah.. I mean he's always been a very hot and cold goalie during his time in the NHL.. he'll go through good months and bad months like most NHL goalies.. but over-use doesn't help anyone's game, and this season was a significantly higher workload than he had ever experienced as a goaltender before.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Stars diving?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pete DaBored

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Bro it's over

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

What a loving play to force that turnover and make the pass

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Think someone even gave Dallas 2 goals in their
prediction...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
OWNED

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
amadio really wants to stay on the roster :eyepop:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

yikes Hanley

Also lmfao

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm a little glad the Kraken didn't advance to get embarrassed like this. Yeesh.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

clearly Jamie Benn ruined the vibes

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: down 4-0, good god what a soul crushing typo by me

Think you made another typo there.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
stars are loving embarrassing.