Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I mean I am shocked they called that with Florida already short handed

Paul Maurice about to lose it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

huh.. usually I'm pretty sure one way or the other but I'm not certain at all whether that was GI

I'm leaning towards no..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

the fix is in

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

somehow Brind'Amour watched that happen with 0 reaction or emotion

like a statue

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ooooffff

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Carolina you hosed up you chance. Pathetic.

i hope they lose now

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

couple minutes more and we will have entered the top 10 for longest games ever played..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

at 11:07 this will be the 10th longest OT game in NHL history!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

at 10:52 this will the be 9th longest game in NHL history!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

at 9:41 this will be the 8th longest game in NHL history!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Did that say Montour has skated 8 thousand miles what the gently caress

it seems incredibly unlikely.. maybe 8000 meters?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

it feels like the game could end any second, both teams are out on their feet... but they are trying to be too fancy with it.. lots of bobbles stickhandling / passing and misfires on wide open shots...

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Aggro posted:

Gotta get all the way to 1:53 to jump up to 7th though.

0:44 gets to 6th.

we're approaching the top 5 longest games folks!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I for one hope that Vegas is saddled with the same curse that hangs over the Stars where they can never beat a team coached by someone that they had previously fired.

Vegas is 0-3 against DeBoer so far so.... no evidence against the curse being in place so far :)

**ok technically they are 0-1-2 and those shootout losses aren't a thing in the playoffs... but still, hope for the Stars!

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 19, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I see Hakanpaa is still out so Dallas is going to continue on with the good defense pairings that can actually move the puck out of their own end on a semi consistent basis. Tough break for Vegas.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Stars look pretty shook early on, not moving the puck or playing with any kind of composure. So business as usual for Dallas lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Kupo! posted:

The Dallas Sleepy Boys are here to float around the ice

The Stars have picked up a habit of completely no-showing a couple of games each round, and by golly it's gotten them this far!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Lessail posted:

strange first period so far

outside of that one breakaway Vegas hasn't generated much of anything resembling a threatening chance at the Dallas net..

it's typical Dallas Stars turtle hockey.. the Stars have by far the most goals scored off the rush of any team in the playoffs. They are counter-attacking: the hockey team

**further to this I remember when they publishes those zone time w/ possession stats the Stars were like.. 2nd last in the league just barely ahead of Arizona or something ridiculous like that lol.. They are a very odd duck of a hockey team for the amount of success they've had this season

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 20, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

So I see Robertson is still seeing ghosts lol

not good for the Stars chances!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Vegas just can't stop trying to break the wrists of the players on the other team. Disgusting.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Come on Robertson what the gently caress was that lol

**ok after watching the last 2 minutes it could just be that the ice surface is really really bad in Vegas

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 20, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ROBERTSON! I HAD 100% FAITH!

I don't know that he actively tiped that puck or if it didn't just hit his stick lol... oh well I'll take it!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

if the ice is as bad as it looks this could be a challenge for Dallas.. The Stars put all their skill points in hand/eye coordination, luck and cheap shots.. they are already prone to falling down and fumbling the puck even on the most pristine ice surface - something to keep an eye on as this game goes on and the ice degrades further..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Lessail posted:

the puck very clearly bounced off the part of the board that wasn't completely closed where are you getting this ice condition from

like a half dozen instances each of dallas players falling over when trying to stop or turn and fanning on shots / passes / dump ins as the puck bounces over their stick...

I mean Dallas quite frequently looks drunk in games as I mentioned earlier, but I also noticed some of that from Vegas as well.. something to keep an eye on.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Suter just lost his man there, rough break down for the Stars there in their own end..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Kupo! posted:

The question is if the Stars will just give up now

lol they weren't trying very hard to begin with

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I'm not pleased that our 4th line and 3rd d pairing ended up out there against Vegas's best players pinned in their own end..

how does that combination get put out there DeBoer? You gotta protect those loving bums at the bottom of the roster a bit better than that

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

^^No. Depends on when the player shoots the puck vs. when the penalty expires.

Vegas has obviously watched the master's course put on by Seattle on how to discomfort the Stars and they are doing a good job of following that playbook so far.. Hope the Stars can coinflip their way to stealing a win in the 3rd, cause if this is the way Vegas is going to play them all series they need literally every luck bounce to go their way to win.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Hintz is so loving good

I don't know that there's a player left in the playoffs that approaches the combination of his skating, skill and shot that Hintz possesses. Arguably the closest thing to McDavid in the NHL

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Unfortunately Heiskanen tripped Kolesar there so I can't see this getting called back..

Ok they aren't challenging.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I mean the defensemen (mostly Suter) created that goal for Vegas.

Kolesar never scores there, but then you wipe out the goalie and take both of yourselves out of the play and it's a free goal.

Idiotic.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol how many goals has Benn scored with the goalie pulled this year just standing at that post and collecting the trash?

whoooooo Dallas! they're alive!!!!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I love when the Stars put out the 4th line and 3rd defense pairing with 1 minute left to go in the tie game

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

both of the Stars other game 1 OT losses in rounds 1 and 2 came off of bad luck bounces that were bizarrely similar to each other

so if that trend continues, at some point a Dallas defenseman is going to accidently hit a Vegas player skating away from them in the back of the skate blade and the puck is going to fly through the air directly onto the stick of a Vegas player with a wide open net to win the game.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

why are the Dallas players sitting on wooden stools on the bench? how is that a thing in the NHL?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

well atleast they got it over with early and I can enjoy the rest of my evening

way to go Dallas, 0-3 in OT.. bet there's not alot of teams that win the cup losing every game along the way in OT

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Challenge that poo poo for goalie interference Dallas

Howden totally kicked Oettinger's leg going through the crease there and spun him around

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I think either Jason Robertson figures out his demons starting in game 2 or the Stars are cooked.

Miro Heiskanen looks dead out there.. I guess playing him 35 minutes a night for 3 weeks straight is not great for his game.

Hintz is still amazing and hopefully Oettinger is coming around but man the Stars don't have enough good players for several of them to look this bad in game 1.. I guess I have to be happy with whatever happens cause this season was unexpected but it was a very disconcerting game 1.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

glad that I noticed half an hour ago the game was scheduled in the afternoon, would have missed it for sure if I hadn't lol

Please win Dallas :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I thought that may have hit Faksa's glove but i guess not.. would have been worth taking a look at