Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

rooting for
1 all staals to lose any remaining teeth
2 panthers
in that order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

truly this is hockey as its meant to be played. guys crosscheckin each other for 13 minutes and the first penalty is delay of game for puck over glass

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

smh crosschecking is a penalty now? since when? rigged league gary loves the state of north carolina

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's wild and also an indictment of NHL scouting and development that Duclair was bounced and jerked around so much.

I dont really know the history here but christ is john tortorella ever an rear end in a top hat https://sports.yahoo.com/john-tortorella-rips-anthony-duclair-dont-think-knows-play-153731247.html

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

heh lol

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

goalie interference has so drat many caveats. I have tried to understand it but it really feels purely vibes based

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

overtime for the overtime

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

refs want it over

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

lol lmao never ending

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Starsfan posted:

it seems incredibly unlikely.. maybe 8000 meters?

it was like 8.001 miles with a tiny period lol

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

oh my god he took like 10 seconds to get back in the net and they couldnt get a shot off haha

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

it's so funny that the longest game ever was in 1936 and ended by a guy named Mud Bruneteau on a team called the Montreal Maroons. exactly what i would have expected

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How did these loser score before OT

they were somewhat less sleepy

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

lmaoooooooooooooooooo

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

god those are gonna be the most depressing car rides home ever. hahaha

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

bobrovsky and tkachuk really are gonna carry this team straight to the finals huh

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

bobrovsky's playing well and all but... it's increasingly funny to me how the Devils somehow let up like 5 goals a game to this team

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

actionjackson posted:

lining up to be the biggest climate change victims cup

guess you haven't heard about the CLIMATΞ PLEDGΞ. everythings gonna be just fine

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

I feel like you can do a lot, lot worse than "lost a bunch of 1-goal games and OT games that could've gone either way in the conference finals and oh yeah your top star is out" so I dunno if the Canes should do anything if/when they lose this series, but also man, they do kinda seem like they get to the third round and then they're just out of ideas, don't they.

the team had 3 players who scored 20 goals and one of them got knocked out with an injury, I'm not sure a conference final run is anything to feel down about

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

if the entire dallas roster takes a game misconduct does vegas get to just shoot on an empty net for a while?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

bloodsport :(

and of course all the tv guys can talk about is how legal it was. lol.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

RC Cola posted:

poo poo what happened I missed it

sam bennett did a little headhunting, slavin clearly concussed, struggled to get up

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

gretzky is not very good at this gig

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

rest in peace bozos

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

aejix posted:

Thank gently caress that didn't get overturned

the amount of poo poo thrown would have made the dallas game look tame

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

rewatching that goal it is really funny how they just let him waltz out in front with like 3 canes in the area and 5 seconds left

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

domi doesnt make much of an effort to get out of the way & seems to actively push Hill, idk

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

Literally never seen a player try harder to get the gently caress out of the way rofl

he gives him what looked like a deliberate bump with his shoulder sliding in, you can see him lean into it.

https://twitter.com/HockeyDaily365/status/1662647362852888579

he gets out of the way of the puck not the goalie.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

clearly Jamie Benn ruined the vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

if it's any consolation, the florida panthers were gonna win the cup either way