Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

I find it kind of funny that Tea resolves to try to "kill people non-violently", in the same episode where you get a mission to attack a gang with bioweapons.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Dishonored has some oddly high-profile voice talent involved in it and here we meet our what I think is the most obvious example: Granny Rags? Susan Sarandon.

Anyway, reclaiming Dunwall for the rats is a noble goal.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 1, 2023

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Granny Rags is another awesome character in the game, the best villain Susan Sarandon has on her resume after that evil queen she played in Disney's 'Enchanted". I think one role was good prep for the other. Maybe she can play more iconic villain roles at some point.

Careful with Granny Rags, Tea. She may be old, but she's no proper lady. Heh.

I agree with the plan to reclaim Dunwall for the rats. Another favorite game of mine with rats is the original Max Payne. Ever seen the rat easter eggs in that game's early levels? Check em out sometime. Gotta move on now, before I get more off topic. Keep having fun with the game!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah like what have the rats done? They've eaten corpses and live people, but eh, people probably deserve it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing weird or unsettling at all about an old lady who pays you to kill a few thugs and then to spread some plague in exchange for bits of whalebone she has carved.

According to the Outsider she declined marrying an emperor or any noble and instead chose to... dig through garbage? To each their own. Probably feels less dirty honestly.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah like what have the rats done? They've eaten corpses and live people, but eh, people probably deserve it.

Right. Nothing wrong with eating corpses and people; many things right, really. Its the oppression of Foul Science and Corrupt Religion that shows true evil :eng101:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
From the perspective of someone who did perfect stealth no-kill runs of the whole series...
...This is bloody hilarious.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 3, 2023

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

anilEhilated posted:

From the perspective of someone who did perfect stealth no-kill runs of the whole series...
...This is bloody hilarious.

The next few recordings had me struggling not to cackle for the entire thing.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Glad we’re enjoying the game regardless of Chaos, which currently seems high. Curious what you guys think of another challenge I remembered tonight. Mostly Flesh & Steel has the player complete the game using minimal occult powers. Probably not wise for the first time player or the LPer looking to show off the game. I completed it easily on my second playthrough however. Many of the powers have issues keeping them from greatness imho.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's rats for you: no sense of long-term planning.

e: There actually is another way past the too-quickly-closing door, but it involves the bane of gamers everywhere: looking up.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 6, 2023

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Looking up is definitely the most important habit to develop in Dishonored, ideally before everyone is dead, but on a first playthrough as long as you're poking around everywhere before moving on you're doing okay regardless of how well fed the rats are.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Tea seems to be maybe finding some common ground with Geoff regarding cruelty to rats. Will it be enough to save him from Corvo's wrath?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
This is quite an interesting take on stealth gameplay. I never would have considered this approach -- where you creep around in the shadows until someone turns to look at you, and then stride out into the open with your weapons drawn. A bold strategy. I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Geoff isn't surviving the night, is he.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

anilEhilated posted:

Geoff isn't surviving the night, is he.

I'm not sure the rats are going to survive.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EricFate posted:

This is quite an interesting take on stealth gameplay. I never would have considered this approach -- where you creep around in the shadows until someone turns to look at you, and then stride out into the open with your weapons drawn. A bold strategy. I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

This is the approach I took, I call it the Oops Ninja.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

This is the approach I took, I call it the Oops Ninja.

Oops! So very sorry! I must kill you now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Oops! So very sorry! I must kill you now.

It's not MY fault, it's just that when stealth fails these games make it very difficult (if possible at all) to get it back again.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

It's not MY fault, it's just that when stealth fails these games make it very difficult (if possible at all) to get it back again.
Not really, you just chain blink backwards - the guards have trouble keeping up.

That being said, I firmly believe that the mark of a great stealth game is that it gets even more fun once you mess up and things start spiraling out of control. Dishonored is great about that, so is MGSV.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Not really, you just chain blink backwards - the guards have trouble keeping up.

Preferably, while saying "WUB WUB WUB WUB" noises while running away. Or maybe a pithy joke about Brave Sir Robin?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

*Yakity Sax intensifies*

berryjon
May 30, 2011

oh my god, this is nothing but hilarity.

I wonder if, given Tea's... trajectory in this game, if you're planning on doing a second run to see the other side of things.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I wonder if Tea will ever remember that there is a method available to easily distract the guards -- one that was demonstrated in one of the earliest tutorials, before the Overseer powers were even a thing. One that doesn't involve flinging a severed human head into the room.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Or at least, if you're going to throw a severed head try attaching a springrazor trap to it next time.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think the logic behind Geoff's death is that if they find his unconscious body next to Campbell's, they'll execute him just to be sure. Oh well, he had it coming since video 1.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
When you use the special vision the spectral voice says "enhanced eyes". All the powers say something but I don't remember what the others are.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You need to get the captain out and away from the building for it to count as saving. :v:

Making the high overseer poison himself is pretty hilarious.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon posted:

I wonder if, given Tea's... trajectory in this game, if you're planning on doing a second run to see the other side of things.

I don't think we'll do a second run but I will show Tea the ending he doesn't get since I've some old save files that I can appropriate for it.

EricFate posted:

I wonder if Tea will ever remember that there is a method available to easily distract the guards -- one that was demonstrated in one of the earliest tutorials, before the Overseer powers were even a thing. One that doesn't involve flinging a severed human head into the room.

Judging from his play so far.

No, no he will not.

Nor will I remind him because severed head strats are the new Dishonored hotness.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I don't think we'll do a second run but I will show Tea the ending he doesn't get since I've some old save files that I can appropriate for it.
Darn. Some of the third way options for dealing with people are quite entertaining.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Episode 11 - Weepers

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Ah, a nice quiet episode just to give us a breather before the next ... hilarious series of events, right?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Between this and Bloodborne I am getting some real bad vibes about London

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Slaan posted:

Between this and Bloodborne I am getting some real bad vibes about London

Oh these games are nowhere near THAT bad.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Hey, it's nice to know that there is a trustworthy man out here, in the worst parts of town. Why, he's more than willing to help you ... feed the rats.