Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

anilEhilated posted:

Dishonored has some oddly high-profile voice talent involved in it and here we meet our what I think is the most obvious example: Granny Rags? Susan Sarandon.

Anyway, reclaiming Dunwall for the rats is a noble goal.

It's actually wild, I had no idea the grey haired dude from Mad Men (John Slatterly) or the incest queen from Game of Thrones (Lena Headey) had voiced characters too rill looking it up after reading this post. Carrie Fisher as well.

loving Michael Madsen. Forgot about him, that's an ensemble cast right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bruceski posted:

Oh these games are nowhere near THAT bad.

I still enjoy how much of Bloodborne was lost on me because:

"Yes, I've been to St. Pauls Bloodborne. No, this is nowhere near as bad."

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Brad Dourif as Piero too-- one of those character actors you always love to see.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Broken Box posted:

Brad Dourif as Piero too-- one of those character actors you always love to see.

Exile was my favorite Myst game (an odd choice, I know) so I always smile when he shows up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
I mean.... you're at least trying to save the innocent?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There are no innocents in Dunwall. Or at least that's what Corvo keeps telling himself.
It doesn't help him sleep.

e:
Tea, after getting a civilian killed: I feel really bad about this.
Tea, about ten seconds later: <casts Devouring Swarm>

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 17, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

If nothing else, this LP is really illustrating why Nat and Tea are such good friends :allears:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

anilEhilated posted:

Not really, you just chain blink backwards - the guards have trouble keeping up.

That being said, I firmly believe that the mark of a great stealth game is that it gets even more fun once you mess up and things start spiraling out of control. Dishonored is great about that, so is MGSV.

ah the Hitman Freelancer Principle

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey there's going to be probably a week's delay on the next set of episodes as Tea and I haven't been able to record for a little bit.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Tea, causing Nat to laugh to death at your antics isn't how this is supposed to work!

Enjoy your week off, guys.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Natural 20 posted:

Hey there's going to be probably a week's delay on the next set of episodes as Tea and I haven't been able to record for a little bit.

Just clip the bit where you try to save the civilian from the guard, loop it, and upload that to keep everyone busy while you wait for your schedules re-align.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I'm so sorry for the delay everyone. The Jubilee line has plotted against Tea and I but I hope we're back on our regularly scheduled programming now!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm ashamed of you, Nat. If your best friend wants to disguise himself as a lady of the night you should be supportive.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

FYI, this game is in the steam sales right now, in a package with a bunch of other games by the same developers (including the sequel)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

The... evolving objectives never cease to cause me to laugh. Keep it up!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The Assassin's Code: original unabridged updated revised convenient edition (TM): It's just a bunch of suggestions, really!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The guards are in the game. If you are in the game, you follow the rules. The guards were throwing bottles and drinking and flirting on the job. That broke the rules. Therefore, they must be punished for breaking the rules. It is only right to do so.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Shall we gather tonight, for whiskey and cigars?

tme
Dec 15, 2008

ManSedan posted:

Shall we gather tonight, for whiskey and cigars?

I would hope so.

On another note, I am all caught up with the LP, nice work guys. Are you pre-recording and then releasing? I'm a new Patron, but missed my name in the credits.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

tme posted:

I would hope so.

On another note, I am all caught up with the LP, nice work guys. Are you pre-recording and then releasing? I'm a new Patron, but missed my name in the credits.

Hey! We prerecord a lot and release. Getting your name in the credits will take a bit of time because that font is secretly a huge pain to work with (it's actually two fonts overlayed on each other) and I need an afternoon to sit down and adjust the format.

tme
Dec 15, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

Hey! We prerecord a lot and release. Getting your name in the credits will take a bit of time because that font is secretly a huge pain to work with (it's actually two fonts overlayed on each other) and I need an afternoon to sit down and adjust the format.

Thanks for clarifying. It will happen when it happens.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Yay! Tea is learning!

Although I have to say, the exaggerated verticality of these maps doesn't help encouraging traversal when you can Blink a good ways horizontal, but not as well upwards or downwards.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There's a second part to vertical navigation that Nat and Tea are missing and that is the Agility passive power, which about triples your jump height.

e: There's also a lot of vertical paths you can access by just climbing furniture or architecture. Most of those levels are very well designed and reward thorough exploration, which sadly doesn't really work for the format of blind LP.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 4, 2023

tme
Dec 15, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This was supposed to be a professional operation!

Didn't this go out the window in the first episode? :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen... STEALTH!

And don't worry Nat, one of these days you'll prod Tea into going the extra mile.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Providing multiple approaches" and "blundering into the most direct brute force one after getting discovered" are not mutually exclusive. I definitely played in this style, trying to be clever and panicking into a murder spree when I misstepped.

tme
Dec 15, 2008
After killing 44 people, the first thing on the agenda is threatening close allies with death. This LP is highly amusing!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It should be noted that the non-lethal ways of disposing of the targets can get rather horrific, although with this one in particular - Slackjaw sends the Pendletons to work in their own stone mines after disfiguring their faces and cutting out their tongues - it feels pretty drat deserved.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 7, 2023

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Let's not forget one of our allies is also a Pendleton. I wonder how Natural20 will change his opinion of Trevor based on the other two Pendletons he just defeated.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Don't worry Tea, the sudden but inevitable betrayal will be only after you're done killing choking your way through the city.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

tme
Dec 15, 2008
I heard that Tea is very good at video games, exemplified by the fact that is takes almost 8 minutes this time before the murderung strategic defense disassembly starts.

Also, I finally understand the phrase "Let sleeping dogs lie", because dogs sleep standing up!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The concept of "jumping towards the platform" is sure to revolutionize gameplay.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

So, with those Tesla Coils.... Command and Conquer: Red Alert: Dishonored (with Corvo as a hero unit that's a Commando equivalent) when?

And your conversation about the Outsider and how he appears to interesting people.... does this mean Corvo doesn't have any friends either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The part with Tea climbing the tower over and over fully deserves a Yakety Sax accompaniment.