Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon posted:

So, with those Tesla Coils.... Command and Conquer: Red Alert: Dishonored (with Corvo as a hero unit that's a Commando equivalent) when?

And your conversation about the Outsider and how he appears to interesting people.... does this mean Corvo doesn't have any friends either?

Corvo has friends!

They're just a traumatised 13 year old and a heart wrapped in wires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Natural 20 posted:

Corvo has friends!

They're just a traumatised 13 year old and a heart wrapped in wires.

I would make a comment to clarify that, but I remembered that Tea is probably reading the thread, and it would be minor spoilers for later in the game.
Can we agree that the Rats are Tea-Corvo's friends?

tme
Dec 15, 2008
The manual deactivation of shadow sight bordering on OCD amuses me to no end.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Would the Outsider be Corvo's friend? Always popping in to hang out for a minute and talk about things.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nah. The Outsider is the Rats' daddy. You can't really call your friend's cool dad, because he sometimes plays video games and overlooks the occasional weed smoke, as your friend

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's a bit of a shame Tea doesn't really experiment with his tools. Considering his playstyle seems to involve a lot of running away after being discovered, I'd imagine he would have plenty of fun with springrazors.

Also "I was trying to do it the humane way! With explosives!"

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOlttqsXhzM

Pictures will be up shortly!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

"I am the Worst Assassin" - New Thread title?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That's where you fade the video out? Things are totally going to go sideways in about ten seconds.

My money's on fumbling Sokolov at the railing and dropping him in the river.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 18, 2023

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm expecting an accidental drop of Sokolov but he survives and it instead alerts all of the guards who start shooting and throwing grenades which ends up killing him and ragdolling the body over a ledge.

tme
Dec 15, 2008
I have played Dishonored multiple times, but never as a Murder-Everything-In-Sight simulator. I have the feeling that it has something to do with playing with a controller. Tea is caught with his pants down more than Tanner Mayes, and recovering from that situation needs fast reaction, not the leisurely stroll turning that you do with a controller. A different reaction might be difficult.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Some of it is definitely the controller.

A lot of it is Tea and his reaction to any panic situation.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Murder isn't my first reaction when I panic, but to each their own.

Incidentally, not related to anything in any way whatsoever, where do you two work...?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, we certainly know where Tea is on the fight or flight scale.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM_Z-WsFAs4

Art will be up shortly!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I... was not expecting that to happen. :stare:

tme
Dec 15, 2008
As Sokolov was not eaten by rats, not even once, by accident, Tea, realizing his mistake not to feed his hot emo boyfriend, instantly tries to remedy this oversight by funneling some pretties into Sokolovs prison cell - instead of getting the guy some booze. That's commitment!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Emily needs more hugs, that's for sure. Corvo, can you train some of your Rat Friends to... not eat people?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Another break for a bit everyone. Tea has been dealing with interviews and university exams so hasn't been able to make it over in a little while!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I'm sure he get the position he wants as everyone else will suffer an unfortunate Rat related accident, right?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

It's here! I've been waiting for this, after seeing how Tea plays the game!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is my favorite mission in the game. The scenario is quite literally The Masque of Red Death... and you get to be the reaper.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Re: white rats there's (at least?) one other charm that does things with them, so having more helps with that

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ILGlWRqqs

Art will be up shortly!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Tea, such a good assassin, he can kill the game itself!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I haven't played this game, but I'm pretty sure Tea broke the duel by entering stealth just before he shot.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I think it set off the alarm because Tea stepped off the mark rather than stand his ground, like the uncouth cad he is.

It's also really funny.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

When I replayed this recently, the guards aggroed because Shaw managed to shoot one of them. (They aggroed on me, which seemed very unfair)

Maybe that's what happened? Didn't look like it

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The Lady Boyle mission was fun for me because you can get a different target each time you play it and there are different ways to go after each of the three possibilities. I keep waiting for the Assassin’s Creed series to do something so creative and different. ;)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Interasting that if you find the name but not the color, the heart can identify her for you.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

How could I expect this to end any other way?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Honestly I expected more rats at this party. :yum:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ah, more good ol' Chaos Tea. The party doesn't start till he walks in! :unsmigghh:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

C. A. apparently stands for Crisis of Altruism.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Soo... Given his stealth style, has Tea ever played any of the Hitman games? Because that could be quite a revelation for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I don't believe Tea has ever played Hitman, no.