Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
I could have sworn there was an achievement for that last death, but I must be mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
This tower climb is among my favorite instances of the video game trope.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A stealth game is at its best when things go awry and chaos-panic ensues. This LP is at its best.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was laughing throughout that whole fight in front of the Tower.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bruceski posted:

A stealth game is at its best when things go awry and chaos-panic ensues. This LP is at its best.
This video was less "things went awry" and more "Tea said gently caress it and murdered everyone" which is equally hilarious. :classiclol:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That one patrolling guy walking back and forth idly wondering where everyone else went.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
So long mighty boot, we hardly knew ye.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Bravo on getting this far. Hope you check out the Low Chaos executions of the various villains as well as the High Chaos ones, on your own time if necessary. They’re all fun!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

OMG, Tea you... TEA! Even when you try to go one way, you still go another!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wow, that was some amazing and clever planning. Brilliant! :toot:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Just -ZAP- gotta -ZAP- get down these -ZAP- stairs -SIZZLE-

Something about this game is melting down Tea's brain and it is amazing.

e: Shame we didn't get to siege Burrows' panic room, that's one of the few actually challenging parts of the game especially if you're trying to ghost it.

e: Honestly kinda surprised you managed this long without a Top Gear reference.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 17, 2023

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
For interested players- breaking into the Regent’s panic room is necessary for the more challenging Low Chaos resolution to this quest. I ultimately found it the most satisfying part of the game’s Low Chaos content. Players wishing to experience it for themselves are encouraged on that path.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It isn't. Tea did the low chaos solution, you just grab the record from his room and play it from the top of the tower. He just forgot he rewired the wall.

e: Unless there's an alternative low chaos solution I'm unaware of?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You’re remembering the game better than I am. My bad. My apologies. I need to make time to actually watch these videos before I post anything about them. Thx for the reminder.

High Chaos is also challenging against the Lord Regent. Serious amount of guards surrounding him and lots of obstacles to overcome. Perhaps it is the more challenging experience. I’ll let the player decide.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W3xi7xrltM

Art will be up in a bit!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Such a foul betrayal! Expecting rats to eat their diseased kin. :(

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Oh man, Tea, you didn't recognize a classic encounter! What are you, a Taffer? ;)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Daud is my favorite character in the game. Kudos to Michael Madsen and the other artists who portrayed him. I will watch the video boss battle when I can.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's one way of dealing with Daud I have never tried myself. :v:
My favorite way is probably to ghost through and pick his pocket before sneaking out without him ever noticing. Probably quite embarrassing when he suddenly realizes that Corvo, master assassin, outclassed him that much.

achtungnight posted:

Daud is my favorite character in the game. Kudos to Michael Madsen and the other artists who portrayed him. I will watch the video boss battle when I can.
Same. Also while he is definitely not a nice person he is at least not betraying you.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Poil posted:

That's one way of dealing with Daud I have never tried myself. :v:
My favorite way is probably to ghost through and pick his pocket before sneaking out without him ever noticing. Probably quite embarrassing when he suddenly realizes that Corvo, master assassin, outclassed him that much.

Same. Also while he is definitely not a nice person he is at least not betraying you.

I still can't figure out what even happened to Daud watching the replay back. He just vanished I guess?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that whole fight was really weird. After 4+ playthroughs, I didn't even know he could bend time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

I still can't figure out what even happened to Daud watching the replay back. He just vanished I guess?

When you do enough damage to Daud he teleports to a Cutscene Spot for a save/kill choice. He was marked on the hud at the end of last video but, well, if you don't see it it's easy to just walk out the exit as was done.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Daud’s save/kill scene is worth watching on another playthrough- or your own play if you prefer. This LP is awesome with or without it, the whole game is cool. Just saying. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I think I've been tricked by that sewer hatch and wanting to find the runes and bonecharms before proceeding too. :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I had the same problem with Granny as well, as I was all in on the Gingerbread House.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You did the right thing. Slackjaw might be an evil bastard but Granny Rags is far far worse.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
If the options presented are "Help Slackjaw, Kill Granny Rags" or "Help Granny Rags, Kill Slackjaw", then what's the non-lethal option?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

If the options presented are "Help Slackjaw, Kill Granny Rags" or "Help Granny Rags, Kill Slackjaw", then what's the non-lethal option?

Either knock Granny out after burning the cameo or take the key and run.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Marry Granny Rags

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Marry Granny Rags

seems she enjoys exploring out-of-the-way parts of scenic Dunwall, and cooking. sounds like a keeper to me

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

And so all that people have laid down their plans, all fall before the presence of an angry assassin.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
Seriously? Na na na na Samuel? Na na na na BOATMAN was right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Wa11y posted:

Seriously? Na na na na Samuel? Na na na na BOATMAN was right there!

Kicking myself.