Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I love this game, the atmosphere is so amazing.

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

High/low chaos is pretty fun because there is a reason to replay the game, especially since I strongly suspect most people will get a high chaos run as their first attempt. You have all of those powerful tools which makes slaughter and laughter so easy but once you try for the sneaking it is so rewarding despite being trickier. Deliberately putting in the effort to not go the easy way for a better result? I'm not sure I'm making sense.

achtungnight posted:

I genuinely admire any player who completes a Ghost Run on Dishonored (my experience with the sequels is more limited, sorry to say).
I've managed that and it was quite tricky but a lot of fun. Very much not recommended to attempt on the first playtrough however.

:v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing weird or unsettling at all about an old lady who pays you to kill a few thugs and then to spread some plague in exchange for bits of whalebone she has carved.

According to the Outsider she declined marrying an emperor or any noble and instead chose to... dig through garbage? To each their own. Probably feels less dirty honestly.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You need to get the captain out and away from the building for it to count as saving. :v:

Making the high overseer poison himself is pretty hilarious.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm expecting an accidental drop of Sokolov but he survives and it instead alerts all of the guards who start shooting and throwing grenades which ends up killing him and ragdolling the body over a ledge.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I... was not expecting that to happen. :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Honestly I expected more rats at this party. :yum:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That one patrolling guy walking back and forth idly wondering where everyone else went.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wow, that was some amazing and clever planning. Brilliant! :toot:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Such a foul betrayal! Expecting rats to eat their diseased kin. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's one way of dealing with Daud I have never tried myself. :v:
My favorite way is probably to ghost through and pick his pocket before sneaking out without him ever noticing. Probably quite embarrassing when he suddenly realizes that Corvo, master assassin, outclassed him that much.

achtungnight posted:

Daud is my favorite character in the game. Kudos to Michael Madsen and the other artists who portrayed him. I will watch the video boss battle when I can.
Same. Also while he is definitely not a nice person he is at least not betraying you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I think I've been tricked by that sewer hatch and wanting to find the runes and bonecharms before proceeding too. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You did the right thing. Slackjaw might be an evil bastard but Granny Rags is far far worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder if the whale oil tank for the elevator is at the top or somewhere near the bottom? It must really suck if it runs out and you're stuck up there. :v: