Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zurai posted:

One of the things that sets Dishonored apart is that they intentionally let the player abuse the powers you get. Whenever one of the playtesters found a way to avoid or solve a problem by using a power in a novel way, they erred on the side of leaving it in rather than "fixing" or "nerfing" it. The result is that the way you use powers feels a lot more organic and... realistic isn't the right word. Smooth? Reasonable? than in other similar games.

Intuitive maybe? That word comes up a lot in Zelda BotW and TotK for example, the amazing thing about those games is that generally the abilities act like you expect them to so you can have moments of insight where you figure out how to apply them to a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nonlethal in these sorts of games is always going to be harder because there's no way to accidentally not kill someone. "I was going to put a bullet into the guy's face but my hand slipped. He doesn't sound the alarm, next thing you know I'm sneaking past half the map before it'll turn back on."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EricFate posted:

This is quite an interesting take on stealth gameplay. I never would have considered this approach -- where you creep around in the shadows until someone turns to look at you, and then stride out into the open with your weapons drawn. A bold strategy. I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

This is the approach I took, I call it the Oops Ninja.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Oops! So very sorry! I must kill you now.

It's not MY fault, it's just that when stealth fails these games make it very difficult (if possible at all) to get it back again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

*Yakity Sax intensifies*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Slaan posted:

Between this and Bloodborne I am getting some real bad vibes about London

Oh these games are nowhere near THAT bad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Broken Box posted:

Brad Dourif as Piero too-- one of those character actors you always love to see.

Exile was my favorite Myst game (an odd choice, I know) so I always smile when he shows up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Providing multiple approaches" and "blundering into the most direct brute force one after getting discovered" are not mutually exclusive. I definitely played in this style, trying to be clever and panicking into a murder spree when I misstepped.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Would the Outsider be Corvo's friend? Always popping in to hang out for a minute and talk about things.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That's where you fade the video out? Things are totally going to go sideways in about ten seconds.

My money's on fumbling Sokolov at the railing and dropping him in the river.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 18, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Interasting that if you find the name but not the color, the heart can identify her for you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A stealth game is at its best when things go awry and chaos-panic ensues. This LP is at its best.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

I still can't figure out what even happened to Daud watching the replay back. He just vanished I guess?

When you do enough damage to Daud he teleports to a Cutscene Spot for a save/kill choice. He was marked on the hud at the end of last video but, well, if you don't see it it's easy to just walk out the exit as was done.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

If the options presented are "Help Slackjaw, Kill Granny Rags" or "Help Granny Rags, Kill Slackjaw", then what's the non-lethal option?

Either knock Granny out after burning the cameo or take the key and run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wa11y posted:

Seriously? Na na na na Samuel? Na na na na BOATMAN was right there!

"hey hey goodbye" would also be accurate.