Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I replaced the driveshaft, or to be more accurate I reinstalled the original driveshaft because the custom-ordered one is not balanced correctly :saddumb:
I can't believe that I've had to gently caress with the driveshaft at all. Somehow the original driveshaft captured an air bubble in the slip yoke :shepicide:, so it was like a third shock and rode like total and absolute poo poo. I've been chasing this issue for two years and I'm still not sure how I managed to figure out it was the loving driveshaft, let alone the absurdity of the seal loving up so perfectly that it worked like a goddamn air spring this entire time. At one point I had well over a thousand pounds in the bed of the truck, like how did the slip yoke not explode? :dafuq::dafuq::dafuq:

I drilled some holes in the cover of the original driveshaft and problem is solved. I dont even want to get into how much money I've spent chasing this particular fuckup. Honestly I'm so fed up with this truck that I can't wait to trade it in and get a different truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU