Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1659706514607837186?s=20

more wrinkled khaki cargo pants than a middle school in the 2000s

can you all believe this motherfucker is the second most popular republican in the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

As horrific as the Trump presidency was for the country, and as destructive as it was for my brain

imagining a Desantis/Huckabee presidency and the policies they could (and would) apply at a national level just shatters me

which is to say nothing of the national abortion ban Trump himself has already promised should he make it to a second term
it doesn't seem like there's an off-ramp back to the "idealistic" third-way-ism of the Obama-era

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im going to vote for Donald Trump to defeat the fascist

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1659706514607837186?s=20

more wrinkled khaki cargo pants than a middle school in the 2000s

can you all believe this motherfucker is the second most popular republican in the country

I can actually believe that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this is the most important election of our lifetime

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

covering my entire car in trump stickers, but carefully writing "for the nomination for the president of the gop" on all of them in sharpie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's just always interesting that a party so enamored with concepts of traditional masculinity continues to rally behind the cattiest, most simpering candidates

even Bush was a loving simpleton, though he had the auspices of a "good ol' boy"
DeSantis is an ivy leaguer
his mannerisms reek of the same desperation as Hilary's southern drawl

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i don't like desantis

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I could change DeSantis with rough but passionate love.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I could change DeSantis with rough but passionate love.

I'm fairly certain he's incapable of feeling
in the same sense Ted Cruz is

he's like a homunculus, some weird pale flesh golem

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

As horrific as the Trump presidency was for the country, and as destructive as it was for my brain

imagining a Desantis/Huckabee presidency and the policies they could (and would) apply at a national level just shatters me

which is to say nothing of the national abortion ban Trump himself has already promised should he make it to a second term
it doesn't seem like there's an off-ramp back to the "idealistic" third-way-ism of the Obama-era

What I'm getting from this is that you think abortion rights for Americans are more important than Libyans being sold into slavery after their country was bombed so hard it went from #1 or 2 most prosperous countries in Africa to a perpetual civil war.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

it's just always interesting that a party so enamored with concepts of traditional masculinity continues to rally behind the cattiest, most simpering candidates

even Bush was a loving simpleton, though he had the auspices of a "good ol' boy"

The system is designed so that the only people who can make it to the top echelon of power are amoral sociopaths who will say or do anything if it helps them personally. A few manage to get to the US House but that's about it.

The real true believers get filtered out by years of fundraising. Every day they need to be able to call up an old money pater familias and talk about meeting them for yachting in the Hamptons then hang up and talk about going hunting at a lodge with a name so offensive it can't be printed in the newspapers with some good ol' boy bundler and then hang up and talk with a megachurch pastor about how they're gonna ban abortion and make all the kids pray the 10 commandments every morning after the pledge of allegiance then hang up and go have drinks with a bunch of ivy league poly sci nerds who might be your campaign staff, your opponent's campaign staff, or if the cards don't fall right you might be a staffer for them. Then rinse and repeat that every day for years to crawl up from local office to state office to federal office as they work the modern cursus honorum.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 79 days!

ive already done it twice, third time's no problem

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im told i voted for donald trump by not voting for joe biden, so easy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ty

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its the grand old party

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

does desantis deny trump's 2020 presidential victory?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Republican Party is very diverse

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1659536929661091840
https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1649213455310942209

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
"serious competitor" :lmao:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol apparently Larry Elder is connected to the Epoch Times, which is run by Falun Gong psychos

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wow, California Governor Elder!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

im told i voted for donald trump by not voting for joe biden, so easy

that’s right and I’ll vote for him a 3rd time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Who the gently caress bet $22 million on Tim Scott?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

Who the gently caress bet $22 million on Tim Scott?

Presumably it's him rolling his Senate campaign war chest over to a presidential run so I'm sure it's a who's who of multinational corporations and people no one has ever heard of but whose names appeared in the Panama Papers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The more people who run for president the less you look like an idiot for running and eating poo poo.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

The more people who run for president the less you look like an idiot for running and eating poo poo.

Don't be silly, Trump will effortlessly make anyone in the GOP who challenges him look like a colossal idiot.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Weka posted:

Don't be silly, Trump will effortlessly make anyone in the GOP who challenges him look like a colossal idiot.

He won't be attacking them all equally. Some of them will be running to be his VP too.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, the vast majority of the no-hope campaigns are looking for either a VP nod or cabinet spots, though obviously they would prefer the nomination.

There's also the possibility that, even if they don't take Trump down, he might not be the nominee. He's 76 and looks like 300 lbs of melted butter poured into a Brioni suit. He could have a coronary tomorrow and it wouldn't be even a minor shock.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hope mike pence runs again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

some people are saying, and id never say this, that mike pence should be hanged. i dont know, im looking into it folks

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's because there's no consistency to what 'masculinity' means to the right wing. is it the semen retention dudes? is it the raw beef diet weirdos? is it the idealized 1950s bread winner man? or is it the hollywood idea of the spartan warrior?

there's no agreed consensus

what does happen however is when there's a figure to rally around (trump) all those facets and aspects are projected onto them regardless what they are like in reality (remember trump complaining about hairspray and the coal miner crowds were hooting it up with him)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

that said, desantis is fuckin cooked there's absolutely no way he doesn't come off as an effete loser and all his most loyal supporters are mum and mute whenever trump lays it into him

it's sugar man!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

more money = better than

it's no more complicated than that, the different definitions there are just paths to that fat bank account, which is all any of them care about

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

hope mike pence runs again

It'd be fun if his horsefucking hobby went mainstream.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i cant wait to watch trump own desantis

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

biceps crimes posted:

i cant wait to watch trump own desantis

it'll be like David vs Goliath, but if David had both hands and feet cut off before the battle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

yellowcar posted:

that said, desantis is fuckin cooked there's absolutely no way he doesn't come off as an effete loser and all his most loyal supporters are mum and mute whenever trump lays it into him

it's sugar man!

If Trump dies he's got it sewn up.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

trump seems tired these days, very low energy, sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I will tell u this: trump will never die. I will toxx to this effect, that Donald John trump is never going to pass from this mortal coil