Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008
This game.

I got this game as part of a collection (Swing! Entertainment Game Gallery Volume 1) from my German grandparents. I remember that when it arrived, the mailman didn't bother to leave the box under the awning, and it got rained on, so we had to dry out the CDs. I didn't play them much, since my German is pretty bad when trying understand someone other than my dad, oma, or opa (and forget about reading). I think I only played Rent-a-Hero for about 30 minutes, but it still stuck out to me more than the other games since it was the only two CD game in the collection, and it certainly looked nice.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity about what the rest of the game was like. It looks like I didn't miss much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I hope that this wasn't your first experience with adventure games. Although, that was cool of your grandparents to send you out a game collection like that.
Nope. The first Legend of Kyrandia was; the school I went to for 1st-3rd grade had it installed on one of the computers, and I later get a collection of all three Kyrandia games, which we got from a Borders bookstore. I also played Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon.

Edit: Just remembered that the school also had Wrath of the Gods.

TapamN fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 3, 2023