Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
NES games are finicky and delete saves even if the battery is fine if you dont hold the reset button... koji hosed up

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
that may happen sometimes but i'm positive that someone maliciously deleted his save and he took his righteous revenge.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

edogawa rando posted:

It's entirely possible that no one had deleted it. Dragon Quest cartridges were notoriously finicky and it wasn't unusual for save data on the Famicom and Super Famicom cartridges to get corrupted, resulting in the message saying the save data being erased.

I still remember my DQVI save, where I'd gotten everyone to L99, mastered every job and could merk the recurring hidden boss Dark Dream (or Nokturnus apparently in the English translation) within 20 rounds, which would make him fight the final boss on your behalf. One day, I popped my cartridge in and got the apologetic "your save data has been destroyed" message.

I hope you and Koji find the culprit

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ghosthorse posted:

I hope you and Koji find the culprit

I still think about all those hours I put in and it makes me weep.

I’ve done it a few times since on an emulator though, so nbd at the end of the day.

----------------

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

TheSwizzler posted:

Indie wrestler Dirtbike Kid got himself invited to Japan for an all-masked wrestler tournament. Issue was that it was a misunderstanding and he only wore a mask for his entrance so when he took off his entrance mask during his match with Great Sasuke, he got on his bad side immediately. Sasuke still tried to do business for a while, but the kid's sloppy work set him off, leading to getting roughed up and choked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4LHgs7MI5g

He also didn't want to do a quick job to Sasuke either, which...lol. Dirtbike was an rear end in a top hat and a moron.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Rags to Liches posted:

He also didn't want to do a quick job to Sasuke either, which...lol. Dirtbike was an rear end in a top hat and a moron.

Gotta get my poo poo in

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
watching the match itself it rules dirtbike kid is running around doing all sorts of spots that dont serve any purpose except to make him look cool until Sasuke get fed up and just beat the poo poo out of him lol

----------------

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

watching the match itself it rules dirtbike kid is running around doing all sorts of spots that dont serve any purpose except to make him look cool until Sasuke get fed up and just beat the poo poo out of him lol

sasuke repeatedly kicking out at 1 with increasing anger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Commentary is immediately talking poo poo about the Dirtbike Kid, and how he's not in the international masked wrestler tournament to represent England, and instead, he asked to be allowed to participate and he just so happened to be English.

----------------