Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't get me wrong though, I understand how absolutely cosmically fitting it would be for Kenneth Allen to job in a Tournament of Jobbers.

edit: page snipe img tax

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I'm not certain what makes an MMA jobber and how you distinguish high-profile jobbers from insane people with 0-20 records, but I s'pose we'll figure that out when the time comes!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

C. Everett Koop posted:

Travis Fulton still excluded for being a godawful human?

His record is way too winning to be in the convo, imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fulton beats up on jobbers. He isn't one.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fulton also claimed a ton of wins that never happened

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
True, but we're not putting Rickson Gracie in the Jobbers Tournament, are we?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

With the disclaimer that, again, it's gonna be awhile: The way I have been thinking about it and coping with the massive career differences between a guy like a Bob Sapp, who's inarguably a notorious jobber but is notable more for the height he reached and then precipitously fell from, and a guy like Jay Ellis, who is just the combat sports equivalent of permanent enhancement talent, was organizing it into a sort of A and B block format. Over a certain threshold of visibility you go into the popular block, under it you go into the unknown block, and that way we don't either wipe out all the unnotable people because they lose the popularity contest or all the notable people because they sometimes won fights as opposed to guys who never did. And then once the first sets of eliminations are done and everyone's familiar, the pens open and we see what constitutes proper jobberdom when the two mix.

That's the preliminary thought, anyway.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

poo poo, i really wanna know who that allen fella has a win over, but im just gonna let that mystery be

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

True, but we're not putting Rickson Gracie in the Jobbers Tournament, are we?

I thought Kron had more losses but he just hasn't fought much period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

With the disclaimer that, again, it's gonna be awhile: The way I have been thinking about it and coping with the massive career differences between a guy like a Bob Sapp, who's inarguably a notorious jobber but is notable more for the height he reached and then precipitously fell from, and a guy like Jay Ellis, who is just the combat sports equivalent of permanent enhancement talent, was organizing it into a sort of A and B block format. Over a certain threshold of visibility you go into the popular block, under it you go into the unknown block, and that way we don't either wipe out all the unnotable people because they lose the popularity contest or all the notable people because they sometimes won fights as opposed to guys who never did. And then once the first sets of eliminations are done and everyone's familiar, the pens open and we see what constitutes proper jobberdom when the two mix.

That's the preliminary thought, anyway.

Just let the votes sort it out. Plus don't forget that we do have a thread for dust men, who are a tier below jobber