Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bookmarking another great thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Butter bean getting submitted by genki Sudo is extremely tank

This is where i landed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Boco_T posted:

It is time for Steve Jennum to take the place of either of the competitors for this round

this is clearly the only allowable solution

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mark hunt is overqualified, jan nortje is in real life what tank was portrayed as in fiction

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

zuluzinhao i feel is not so much a tank as he is more of a gimmick like giant silva or hong man choi, derrick to me is probably the closest analogue we have to tank.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive been on a wrong side of most of these votes but i look at tank in a vacuum of what he was for his active career and not afterwards, so i take value in being a guy who fights against his best interests style wise in the interest of trying to hurt opponents who are probably worse than him but defeat him due to his own ignorance and lack of hespec towards them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vince was the one that told him not to put Gunn over because he was pissed at Gunn for beating Bradshaw. Vince was trying to promote Bradshaw, and he was his desired champion. Gunn’s reward for winning the non-rigged tourney was to fight Butterbean.

steve williams but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Derrick Lewis, who defied the laws of physics (ju jitsu) to return to brawling, who looked like a layman trying to understand quantum calculus when faced with Cyril Gane's approach of "throw strikes that aren't just punches", and who threw his cup into the crowd in the hopes that it become an NFT, is the true heir. Tank was a fantasy to fat, lovely, misogynistic assholes that they could beat true athletes, Derrick represents that fantasy to all people. He embodies the dream for everyone that if you are strong enough, determined enough, and fat enough, you too can achieve middling success on the world stage. He is the Tank 2.0, the better Tank, the Tank for the people, ALL the people.

Where Derrick was baffled by skilled fighters, Tank was afraid of them. While Derrick admired female athletes, Tank feared that their success would taint his place in the world. Tank became mean because he could be, Derrick became tough because he had to be. Tank was always a bully, Derrick was always himself. Lewis all the way

i agree and change my vote