Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can we realistically crown the Tank Abbottiest fighter when Tank Abbott is in the tournament? Can anyone be more Tank Abbott than Tank Abbott himself? If so, then what does that say about Tank Abbott??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I spent almost 20 abysmal minutes watching motherfucking Johnathan Ivey "fight" Ken Shamrock in one of the worst MMA matches I've ever watched, which is pretty par for the course when it comes to anything involving Ken Shamrock. The fight had Ivey commentary over it but I had that poo poo on mute because what could he possibly be saying that would add anything interesting to the bout? All so I could see Ivey do the Dark Souls roll.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tank Abbott also paved the way for the ruling against fighters holding and/or using the cage itself as a weapon after he held onto it while grating the side of Paul Varelans face into the links as he punched down on him during their match at UFC 6. Then in his next fight at UFC 7.5 while he had Steve Jennum grounded and against the fence he pressed the dude's head into the cage so hard it forced him to submit via neck crank and left a visible dent in the wall.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

that's kind of what i was trying to get at with my post too. dada fought, he wanted to fight. tank really seemed like he was there to hurt people

You gotta look at where the UFC was at that point in time and how it was marketing itself. They would push the narrative of how they pulled Tank Abbot right off street/barstool so they could lock him in the octagon. The quintessential parking lot brawler archetype. He was there for hurt people and the UFC wanted him there to hurt people.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think it's extremely unfair to even entertain the idea that Barnett might be a Tank Abbott.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"Is Butterbean OK???"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hunt would beat Nortje if they went 1 on 1 in Hyper Fighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_jzW4bWdI

But that's not very Tank Abbotty.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Considering a fighter a Tank Abbott because you like them isn't the praise you think it is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tank Abbott - the Tankiest Abbott. When you absolutely, positively got to hold a knife to the throat of every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

hunto is 2 good 2 b tank

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys do a lot of talking about Tank 2.0 and who's your favorites to win or whatev.

But this ain't the search for the Next Top Tank Abbott Tournament.

It's the fuckin Tank Abbott Tournament. It's not some kind of goddamn honor.

With that said, I voted Cabbage.

Ok I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Tank for the win.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 19, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Beeswax posted:

Exactly.
"Derrick Lewis should win the Tank Abbout tournament because coming second is the most Tank Abbot thing" - A statement dreamed up by the utterly deranged. Big Lewis has played you for absolute fools.

:emptyquote:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thanks Carl.

To the people who crowned Lewis Tank Abbott 2.0, I'll say again, it's not the praise you think it is. It's degrading because he's so much more.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kenneth Allen is the Undisputed King of MMA Jobbers, and if he loses because you guys like Bob Sapps personality or something I'm going to lose my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't get me wrong though, I understand how absolutely cosmically fitting it would be for Kenneth Allen to job in a Tournament of Jobbers.

edit: page snipe img tax

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 30, 2023