Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ilmucche posted:

this is an amazing last round matchup.

would hong man choi ever qualify as a tank? I only really remember him for being gently caress off huge, which I guess isn't fair to him.

Give us Hong Man Choi vs Manny Yarborough as halftime entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CarlCX posted:

NATHAN JONES, THE COLOSSUS OF BOGGO ROAD
After getting arrested for armed robbery, the 6'11" strongman turned to powerlifting, won a bunch of titles, took a bunch of steroids, and became a martial artist and professional wrestler.

"Fun" fact: Jones took part in the 1995 World's Strongest Man competition, where an event in the prelims was arm wrestling. After handily defeating his first opponent, Jones faced off against European Arm Wrestling champion and future World's Strongest Man, Magnus Samuelsson. How did it go?

quote:

In 1995, Samuelsson accidentally broke the arm of Australian wrestler Nathan Jones during heats of the 1995 World's Strongest Man contest in Nassau, Bahamas. The injury occurred because Jones employed the novice technique of side twisting. The action combined with Samuelsson's own body strength resulted in a snapped humerus.

There's a reason why some techniques are considered "novice", as opposed to "loving stupid."

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The biggest issue for me is that Butterbean is a semi-boxer who got into MMA once the going got good. When you think of Butterbean, it's with the 12 ounce gloves knocking over cans. I can't, in all fairness, crown The Tankiest of Them All to someone the vast majority of people don't even view as a Mixed Martial Artist.

Besides, the quintessential Tank moment is falling on his rear end in his one championship opportunity. As mentioned, Butterbean's is knocking out Johnny Knoxville. Success vs failure. Voting Lewis.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Just Stand Up feels like a pinnacle in refusing to use technique.

If I had the skills I would turn Just Stand Up into the Just Walk Out ShareZone meme

Just Stand Up
You Can Leave!

armbars
headlocks
guillotines
gogoplatas
leglocks
rear mount
usada drug tests
cardio sessions

If it stinks...hit da bricks!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Are there any Tanks at the lower weight levels, or is there a certain "You Must Have This Much Mass" to properly qualify? I want to know if there's someone hanging around at Welterweight who really could cut down to like Fly but won't and insists on punching their way out of every problem.

Would Conor count as a Tank if he ate another Conor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Travis Fulton still excluded for being a godawful human?