Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Losing a kickboxing fight due to getting bored of kickboxing is very Abbott-esque. Lungu has my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Choosing to forgo all technique to just stand and bang and just eat shots with your iron chin is what I want from heavyweight brawlers. Cabbage has my support

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Kuno posted:

I feel like the grappler that loved to brawl is Tankier than the boxer that loved to brawl but somehow ended up winning mostly by submission.

Yeah, the key thing for me to decide here is if a guy is perfectly capable grappling but they just walk forwards and throw punches.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I suppose that's the question, is Mark Hunt too good to be Tank Abbott? It would be like doing the Giant Gonzalez tournament for poo poo big men and having Great Khali in it, yes Khali was poo poo but he was also over whereas Gonzalez never was.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Getting subbed by Minowa should earn you extra points in this tourney.

For me, Butterbean is too successful in another sport and too humdrum in MMA. I also never got the impression that he liked hurting people, it was just business and meant he didn't have to do cardio. But maybe I'm overrating that time he gave Johnny Knoxville brain damage as nicely as possible.

Butterbean thought that the WWF had bought him in to work a fight with Bart Gunn and put him over only to be told that no they'd be fighting for real.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tank wishes he could just stand back up and get back to punching.

edit: Ambirz may be closer to a traditional Tank but Lewis is the evolution of Tank, I guess the only question is if Lewis is too good to be the true Tank.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, but the ideal Tank is very angry about having to sit through that, because being punched is time when he's not punching someone else.

Which is why Derrick Lewis will win in the end, he simply just stands up while being grappled on the ground so he can get back to punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Eat This Glob posted:

*bob sapp curls up and hits the canvas in preparation for the jobber tourney*

It'll be his to lose and Bob Sapp is very good at losing when the amount of money he gets paid doesn't hinge on winning.