Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If you GIS Jimmy Ambriz you'll never vote for anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jonathan Ivey also once faked a heart attack to try to sucker his opponent in.

Do we have any 2023 pics of his tats? Does he still have the Fulton one? And to what extent should "Scumbag" disqualify a guy here?

I'd say the most important note against Ivey is that he has won more fights by submission than by KO.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the point most in favour of Dada imo is the Trigon barge fight incident: tl;dr Dada tried to start a "fisticuffs" promotion which was like a weird hybrid ruleset that i think involved grappling but immediate standups, or something, and the fights would take place in an equilaterial triangle cage called the Trigon. And then when they couldn't get licensed he was going to have the fights on a barge in international waters. It didn't happen and the failure of the scheme almost gets my vote (where success wouldn't have gotten it).

The argument against Dada imo is that he was less of a Tank and more of a Tank cosplayer, having not fought any real fights.

A secondary point in Dada's favour though, is that if anyone is worthy of specifically pushing Abbot out of hte tournament and thus allowing us to crown someone else, it might be in this matchup.

Tough choice.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love Barnett too, but he's far too tactical and varied in his offense to be a Tank Abbot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Butter bean getting submitted by genki Sudo is extremely tank

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is Lewis more successful than Tank? Or are we just in Lewis seeing a Tank who starts his career 5 years younger with a broader base of bad regional heavyweights to fight? Half of Tank's losses came from fights he took after the age that Lewis is today.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I also like that this entire discussion is about Lewis and not about Zulu.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm not even sure where to vote here. There's a good case for either. This is the closest to a toss-up so far.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm leaning Ambriz rn because he's just a bit more of a weirdo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The write-up convinced me to vote for goodness

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fulton also claimed a ton of wins that never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

With the disclaimer that, again, it's gonna be awhile: The way I have been thinking about it and coping with the massive career differences between a guy like a Bob Sapp, who's inarguably a notorious jobber but is notable more for the height he reached and then precipitously fell from, and a guy like Jay Ellis, who is just the combat sports equivalent of permanent enhancement talent, was organizing it into a sort of A and B block format. Over a certain threshold of visibility you go into the popular block, under it you go into the unknown block, and that way we don't either wipe out all the unnotable people because they lose the popularity contest or all the notable people because they sometimes won fights as opposed to guys who never did. And then once the first sets of eliminations are done and everyone's familiar, the pens open and we see what constitutes proper jobberdom when the two mix.

That's the preliminary thought, anyway.

Just let the votes sort it out. Plus don't forget that we do have a thread for dust men, who are a tier below jobber