Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, glad I caught onto this thread before missing the first vote. Not really familiar with Ambriz but couldn't in good conscience vote for Tai because he's been far too successful to really be Tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:rip: Tai, too much of a winner and lost.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was struggling to decide who to vote for since they were both so bizarre, but that Fulton story made it an easy pick to vote for Miller.

The man lost to Giant Silva :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I voted for Tank but I was so, so tempted to vote for Dada based purely on the only time I ever saw him fight. If you have not seen that fight, you have read it was the worst fight of all time, and intellectually you understand that. You have read about the poor quality on display, the gassing out, the collapse, the bullshit finish, the fact he literally loving died during the fight etc, and you nod and say,"Well that sounds terrible."

You do not understand. You cannot comprehend just how bad that fight is unless you have seen it. It is astonishing. It's an accidental work of art, something that transcends the word "worst" and becomes its own bizarre, weird and unfathomable thing.

Anybody other than Tank or maybe Derrick Lewis, I would have voted for Dada. But that's not how things worked out. Tank Abbott is more Tank Abbott than Dada 5000 could ever be. But Dada 5000 is his own utterly surreal thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

Also, for Uproxx, I did a breakdown of Tank's novel, "Befor There Were Rules".

Haha, I wish that typo had been the actual title of the boo-

CarlCX posted:

My friend, you need wait no longer.

Published in 2019 and 2021 respectively, and on sale on Amazon for the low, low price of $20 per paperback copy or free with your kindle unlimited membership.

:aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gave it to Lungu almost purely on the strength of the story about him punching the air so hard he did a 180 and just decided to stop fighting.

Also because Barnett seems like a really cool dude and that story about his wife made me sad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Had to vote for Nelson purely on the strength of the love I felt for Butterbean when I watched the Jackass movie and he paused in the middle of beating the poo poo out of Knoxville and said,"Go on and get a punch in!", let Knoxville smack him right in the face, smiled and said,"There you go! :haw:" and then proceeded to continue to mop the floor with him :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Legally speaking, every vote for Mark Hunt counts as overwhelmingly positive evidence in his lawsuits against Dana White, and therefore we must vote for Mark Hunt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Derrick Lewis all the way baby, my pick to win the whole thing, he's the greatest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Voting for :perfect: purely on the strength of my cherished memory of a skit they did in WWE where Undertaker was trying to train him against a couple of little jobbers and when Jones couldn't pull off the moves right he just lost his mind and started beating the poo poo out of them while Undertaker wailed,"NATE! NATE! NOOO! NOOOOOO NATE, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :gonk:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Choi Hong-Man destroyed the car.

Beautiful in its simplicity :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry Mark Hunt :(

Wait... should I feel sorry that we collectively considered him NOT Tank Abbott....? :thunk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Ambriz actually fought real competitors, that gets him the nod.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Derrick ... beat up a guy who was trying to steal his car and blamed Herb Dean.

I already voted for Lewis, but please tell me this story!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still think every so often about Lewis realizing he can just stand up to get out of a hold :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

So this is regarding a couple of ground punches on Curtis Blaydes who was already out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsSaZxuCMo

"Herb Dean's fault" became kind of a meme after that, being used to excuse any and all behaviour regardless of context.
Then this happened:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/18/22442406/video-derrick-lewis-claims-to-have-stopped-alleged-car-thief-shows-off-bruised-knuckles

And when Derrick tweeted about it (or instagramed or whatever) he included the hashtag herbdeanfault

Absolutely amazing, thank you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful write-up, Carl, you almost convinced me that Ambriz maybe kinda has a shot.... but I voted for Lewis!

Agree with the other poster that the consideration of the philosophy both behind what it means to BE Tank Abbott, and the purpose of this tournament, makes for really fascinating reading.

But Lewis can Just Stand Up, so v:shobon:v

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Sorry, but nothing would be more Tank Abbott than Tank Abbott coming in second in the "who is the most Tank Abbott" tournament.

Seriously, it's going to be glorious when it happens.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful stuff, congrats to Hunt on ending the tournament only one spot behind the actual Tank Abbott!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great final write-up, and I agree so much with a lot of what has been posted since. Derrick Lewis all the way, a better Tank for a hopefully better world :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This was a delightful thread and the right guy won. God bless Derrick Lewis, even if his balls are hot.