Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
All of my non-music stations are sports, christian fascism, and whatever irritating nerd poo poo NPR is doing.

The alt-rock station switched over to country. I don't know when this happened but I hate it.

Please just give me one goddamn station that is lame background noise and proud of it. Just one that plays a TTS weather forecast over smooth jazz loops. I'm tired of having to leave my car radio on a dead AM channel just so I don't get immediately assaulted by some idiot yelling about a millionaire sportsball player's contract every time I turn the engine on.

olives black fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

time to get a CB

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

istewart posted:

time to get a CB

i don't see how this will reduce the amount of christian fascism being played through my speakers

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

olives black posted:

i don't see how this will reduce the amount of christian fascism being played through my speakers

point being, you can push back

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

istewart posted:

oh... hmmmm...

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

istewart posted:

Can confirm, great fun.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

cars still come with radios?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Buce posted:

Mine did. It's one of the newfangled integrated things that can't be easily swapped out with a tape or CD player. Also the AUX jack is hidden under the sliding drink tray.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hey OP, there's this thing called The Internet now

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

The Bible posted:

Hey OP, there's this thing called The Internet now

:aaaaa:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

istewart posted:

I dont wanna get arrested by the long haul police

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Propaganda of the deed, OP.

I hear your psycho ilk are into that poo poo.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I dont wanna get arrested by the long haul police

Just change your handle hoss :getin:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

1 niner 5 1 niner 5 this is Diamond Dog on the I-90 something something

The stereo I had as a kid would pick up CB transmissions at night from some guy calling himself Diamond Dog.

Or I was insane.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Bible posted:

1 niner 5 1 niner 5 this is Diamond Dog on the I-90 something something

The stereo I had as a kid would pick up CB transmissions at night from some guy calling himself Diamond Dog.

Or I was insane.

You were being groomed by a voracious pedophile, the i90 toucher.

Its good you never met up with him. He had a place outside chicago known as the "jizz hut". That touchy hotspot thrived and eventually became Joliet, IL

Stranger danger.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
extraterrestrial radio is much the same except somehow more racist

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Booty Pageant posted:

extraterrestrial radio is much the same except somehow more racist

Yeah I'm really not looking forward to having to put unlimited data back on my phone, either.

Maybe I'll drill a hole in the drink holder to make room for an AUX jack cable.

Yes my car has the ability to play MP3s off of a USB stick. Shut up.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

olives black posted:

Yeah I'm really not looking forward to having to put unlimited data back on my phone, either.

Maybe I'll drill a hole in the drink holder to make room for an AUX jack cable.

Yes my car has the ability to play MP3s off of a USB stick. Shut up.

depending on how much you drive, you may be surprised how little data you use to stream audio.
I drive around 90 minutes a day, and I've never reached my limit.

.. i do have unlimited, but I only use like 5gb? a month. I can't remember.
hope this helps, lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You need a classical station.

Until they do a bit of modern experimental orchestral and you get 25 minutes of a piano being thrashed at while a percussion section tries to use everything at the same time and a string section deliberately plays out of tune.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

goatface posted:

You need a classical station.

Until they do a bit of modern experimental orchestral and you get 25 minutes of a piano being thrashed at while a percussion section tries to use everything at the same time and a string section deliberately plays out of tune.

I have one of those. Naturally it's a timeshare with NPR.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Having a Sirius subscription makes regular radio unbearable, like how streaming makes regular television unwatchable

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://youtu.be/MWXt5uNs_gU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sounds like you need to take off the fedora and let your scalp breathe

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Buce posted:

The newer ones are trying to phase out AM radios.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sounds like you need to take off the fedora and let your scalp breathe

Red Hat layed off Fedora's project manager a week or two ago. Pass.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

I. M. Gei posted:

The newer ones are trying to phase out AM radios.

Good. Make it harder for boomers to get their brain poison.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
fm radio about at as bad as am if you're complaining about right wing nonsense at this point

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

become a regular caller on the Paul Finebaum Show, op, create the reality u want

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’ve been with SiriusXM (when they were simply XM and Sirius was a rival) since 2007 and I ain’t giving it up anytime soon.

I signed up for it and bought the original receiver at Circuit City lol

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ve been with SiriusXM (when they were simply XM and Sirius was a rival) since 2007 and I ain’t giving it up anytime soon.

ok i'll bite, what's good on siriusxm

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

You Are A Elf posted:

the first thing I did when I bought my truck was buy a new Pioneer head that has bluetooth, a mic, a hookup for a sat radio and a Sirius radio

i always listen to the comedy stations when I'm commuting, really takes the edge off of how lovely driving in Albuquerque is

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

olives black posted:

With the cost of Sirius, you're better off just upgrading your phone to an unlimited data plan.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Jose Oquendo posted:

With the cost of Sirius, you're better off just upgrading your phone to an unlimited data plan.

:smithicide:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

olives black posted:

The Bonfire and Bennington with a dash of Weird Medicine once in awhile

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

The one highlight of terrestrial radio here is an AM station that's been running since 1947 and the old man that DJs it reads the newspaper out loud in the morning. They started playing those CBS news briefs you can get on their website to give some "national" news and last year one cold opened with a loud screaming guy:

"No where's the CBS news brief:"
"THERES AN ACTIVE SHOOTER EVERYONE GET DOWN NO-"
"Oh, uh, sorry about that I guess I'll listen to them first before airing them :kiddo:"

The lowlight of radio is yesterday the DJ of the rock station told us about a new song some classic rock band had just put out, but didn't play it as I'm sure it wasn't available in his iHeartRadio Spotify playlist he's allowed to pick from.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
switching topics a bit I guess but god I loving miss Weatherscan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxtmUv8Ulig

many of my mornings when i was in college were having adderall, red bull and cigarettes for breakfast and having this on in the background while i crammed for class.

now i'm old and i just want it in my car on my way to work

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Luxrage posted:

The one highlight of terrestrial radio here is an AM station that's been running since 1947 and the old man that DJs it reads the newspaper out loud in the morning. They started playing those CBS news briefs you can get on their website to give some "national" news and last year one cold opened with a loud screaming guy:

"No where's the CBS news brief:"
"THERES AN ACTIVE SHOOTER EVERYONE GET DOWN NO-"
"Oh, uh, sorry about that I guess I'll listen to them first before airing them :kiddo:"

The lowlight of radio is yesterday the DJ of the rock station told us about a new song some classic rock band had just put out, but didn't play it as I'm sure it wasn't available in his iHeartRadio Spotify playlist he's allowed to pick from.

we live in hell

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Embrace the sports yelling. It is the perfect drivetime background noise. It's so important, yet it doesn't matter at all.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
My 1998 Subaru Outback has a weather band on the radio it's loving sickkkkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

istewart posted:

time to get a CB

olives black posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9fUcR6KhGE