Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Tipping at a minimum should be a fixed amount and not a percentage of the bill, it's not more work to serve a steak and a bottle of wine than a salad and water, like $5 tops per meal, assuming they are serving 4 tables (reasonable) that is $20 an hour, which is more than fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

GABA ghoul posted:

Here in Germany it used to be very common to tip 5-10 bucks to your garbage collectors, cleaners, mail carrier, etc. for Christmas. The tradition has mostly died out though over the last two decades. Public employees are not allowed to take money anymore, fewer people are at home during daytime and everything is much more anonymous anyway. Feels like my mail carrier changes every week.

When I was a paper boy, tipping for christmas was dying out pretty quickly even in the very early 2000s. The guy who had my route before me allegedly made bank each christmas, but he also did it as a front for a weed delivery service thing so I'm not surprised I only got a few bucks from a few nice elderly folks

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Fly tipping is a time honored tradition and shall remain unchanged.

The gods of the concrete jungle have accepted my sacrifice of my musty old couch and so shall you.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Maybe staff should be paid a liveable wage, op

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

make everything free

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Jesus didn't fuckin die on a cross so that the server could get angry about me leaving a Chick tract in lieu of a tip

I'm SORRY your ETERNAL SALVATION is worth less than 20% of the steak I had to send back THREE TIMES until you got it right

credburn fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

I heard they're asking for tips at self checkouts some places now. It's this psycho New-World Scamerica bullshit where digital manipulation at scale is essentially free so if enough dumb people actually tip at self-checkout it's economically viable for them to try regardless of how annoying it is for the 99% of other people.

This is even more galling than it seems at first glance, since you weren't allowed to tip the minimum wage slaves at those jobs when there was an actual person serving you!