Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
I, Muir, Oath to paint some Star Warses!

I just finished assembling the core box for Star Wars: Shatterpoint and am pretty stoked about it. I'd like to paint the whole box, but we'll see how many I get through. I got back into painting off and on for the past couple of years (Warhammer Underworlds mostly) but have fallen off for the past several months. I'm probably going to stick mostly with Contrast paint for this project so it might be feasible to get through all 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I, Muir, Oath to paint some Star Warses!

I just finished assembling the core box for Star Wars: Shatterpoint and am pretty stoked about it. I'd like to paint the whole box, but we'll see how many I get through. I got back into painting off and on for the past couple of years (Warhammer Underworlds mostly) but have fallen off for the past several months. I'm probably going to stick mostly with Contrast paint for this project so it might be feasible to get through all 16.

Better photos to come eventually, but I got the whole core set painted up!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

October Oath: my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

October Oath: my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team

Finished my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team, which was also the test run for my full Leagues of Votann army paint scheme. I'm very happy with how they turned out, and I feel like I hit a new personal best for clean edge highlights.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

I, Muir, Oath these wet bois, Cyreni's Razors from Warhammer Underworlds: Deathgorge, along with their opponents The Thricefold Discord:

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I, Muir, Oath these wet bois, Cyreni's Razors from Warhammer Underworlds: Deathgorge, along with their opponents The Thricefold Discord:

I am altering the oath, pray I do not alter it any further.

For whatever reason, I just wasn't feeling the models I oathed at first for right now. I will revisit them later. But for November, instead I'll be doing Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and two bounty hunters from Star Wars: Shatterpoint.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I am altering the oath, pray I do not alter it any further.

For whatever reason, I just wasn't feeling the models I oathed at first for right now. I will revisit them later. But for November, instead I'll be doing Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and two bounty hunters from Star Wars: Shatterpoint.

Oath complete!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

gameraMan posted:

I love all these dudes they are just ready to go, also the backgrounds

Thanks! Among the many things I love about Shatterpoint, the core set comes with several large cardboard scenic backgrounds.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

For December, I oath some more Shatterpoint: B2 Battle Droids, Magna Guards, Kraken, and Count Dooku.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

For December, I oath some more Shatterpoint: B2 Battle Droids, Magna Guards, Kraken, and Count Dooku.

Not quite my ideal level of finish, but tabletop ready:

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Yeah Shatterpoint! Can't wait to see them painted up.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

I, Muir, Oath the Jedi Hunters squad pack from Star Wars Shatterpoint

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I, Muir, Oath the Jedi Hunters squad pack from Star Wars Shatterpoint

Oath complete!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

I, Muir, Oaff the last three Shatterpoint models I have unpainted from the first wave of releases, for this February. That is, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luminara Unduli, and Bariss Offee.

Just in time for the next wave to start on February 23!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I, Muir, Oaff the last three Shatterpoint models I have unpainted from the first wave of releases, for this February. That is, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luminara Unduli, and Bariss Offee.

Just in time for the next wave to start on February 23!

Not feeling like pushing myself too much right now, so I'm calling them done. I did do some decent highlighting and shading on the robe for Offee (far left model).

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

April Oath!

I will paint this miniature of the month Dark Angels Terminator from my GW store for their painting competition, the theme of which is "corruption." I think I'm going to kitbash it into a Genestealer Cult abominant.

Edit: the kitbash:

Muir fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

April Oath!

I will paint this miniature of the month Dark Angels Terminator from my GW store for their painting competition, the theme of which is "corruption." I think I'm going to kitbash it into a Genestealer Cult abominant.

Edit: the kitbash:

Well I wasn't expecting to be done this fast, but work was slow and I was having such a good time on this model I just kept going.

Muir fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

For May, I'll be doing 60 zombies. I'll be using contrast paint only and going for tabletop quality only because, y'know, 60 zombies.