Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Thanks for kicking this off! As a creature of habit I’m going to oath pledge at the start of June and spend the next week getting my area cleaned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Sorry for the delay in chiming in!

I, Ashcans, oath to repair this Eldar War Walker for June. As you can see it’s in rough shape, so I’m going to reassemble it with pinning as needed.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

I managed to put this thing back together, but the process confirmed for that this is among the worst designed models ever conceived. I hate it.

I have another of these I never finished, maybe one day I’ll get the motivation for it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Do we have a prompt for this month? Trying to get motivated on a project.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 5 Repentia and their Superior for June

Seems like a good candidate for damage?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I packed up my lightbox and need to find it and set it up again, something I don't have time to do because I let this get to the wire. Oops!

I struggled getting any gore on these that I didn't feel made them look messy, so ultimately I just skipped it. On to next month!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper Bones dragon for July. Going to take up the challenge and try to make it an icewing

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Going with some cold tones for this ice dragon!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

That guy looks sick as hell, the dust is really nice.

Your photos are also amazing, which is a whole separate feat!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I came to post my completed miniatures and then realized I never actually posted the oath for them. :v: So great job me! Instead I had to scramble for a new oath. I don't know if this counts because I'm posting it all together, if it doesn't then at least consider the spirit of the thing kept!

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper Bones scatter terrain for September

And hurriedly painted this evening:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Remembering to do this properly this month!

In recognition of the spooky month, I, Ashcans, oath these 8 undead pirates from Reaper Bones

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I haven't really been feeling it when painting recently. :( Fortunately these are just Bones dudes for whatever I need skeletons for so I decided to just power through on a basic paint job. Still good to get them done!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this modified Penitent Engine for November!

Not sure if I can make it wet, maybe I'll get it done in time to add something with that theme.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Continuing to work on taking better photos, I set up a booth but my camera was giving me issues so I had to revert to phone.

I'm not totally happy with the base but also feeling done messing with it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 5 Ork Slugga Boyz for December

https://imgur.com/a/vUjbalx

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Beffer posted:

Oath complete!

So the weather has been a bit iffy. Sometimes beautiful but sometimes too hot to go to the beach and sometimes, like today, too wet.

So...
I'm sure there's a troll under this bridge.

There he is!

Scratch built and dodgy in all sorts of ways, but I really enjoy making and painting terrain. The process is so relaxed as you're constrained by your tools and materials, so don't have to strive for perfection. It feels like a great release for me, and a real counterpoint to my very slow painting process for minis (which I also enjoy but is very different).

This is really cool, seeing some nicely built terrain is awesome and a change from a lot of the oaths we make. Well done!

Speaking of oaths, I actually finished this yesterday but was laid out by a migraine before I could photograph and post.. so I am going to consider it oath complete. Nothing great, but I've figured out the scheme to work through my Ork combat patrol - rounding up some of my old miniatures to get the right combination, I intend to have it available to either play or lend to people who want to try 40k.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Very nice!

I, Ashcans, oath these Shatterpoint droids for January!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Belated oath complete because I am bad with time.

Muir posted:

Oath complete!
These look very cool, well done on the black outfits!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I forgot to post anything last month, which is goofy because I painted a shitload of terrain. Oh well!

I, Ashcans, oath these 3 converted Arco-flagellants for March

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete

I really need to improve my pictures, but DONE. I had some fun converting these but kind of lost steam on painting them. But this means my combat patrol is fully painted.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Late, but I oath spectacular Spider-Man for April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete