Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CameronisGod
Dec 19, 2022

by Pragmatica
I don't know how this thing got 20 Emmy nominations. It's super boring. The acting is pretty bad. The plot is pedestrian and cliche. There's barely any jokes that are actually funny on any level.

One of the worst tv shows I've watched in the past 2-3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pretty good.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We had this discussion like last week if your not going to put in the work... Maybe this job isn't for you.

I do hear that hcotc just quit his job so there's probably an opening.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Huh? Again?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*Sonny & Cher’s “I Got You Babe” begins to play on the clock radio*

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
It's loving terrible.
I'm English living in the US and I've had numerous waiters / bartenders try and talk to me about it. The last guy asked if I watch it, I said I tried but I find the characters annoying and the writing isn't interesting, and then he paused and went on to talk about his favourite bits anyway like I said I was a huge fan.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The only time Ted Lasso was funny is when the tone of the show changed to make it a bit darker but they kept the old opening credits theme. So one of the episodes starts with the therapist getting run over and then immediately the theme song kicks in with "YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
who really has a sub to apple plus tho come on

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

cubicle gangster posted:

It's loving terrible.
I'm English living in the US and I've had numerous waiters / bartenders try and talk to me about it. The last guy asked if I watch it, I said I tried but I find the characters annoying and the writing isn't interesting, and then he paused and went on to talk about his favourite bits anyway like I said I was a huge fan.

the original UK version named Theodore Lariat is a lot better

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think we had this thread already dollar store pencilhands

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

But yes you're correct

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cubicle gangster posted:

It's loving terrible.

Ok this show is annoying actually English people, I'm back on board

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

StrangersInTheNight posted:

who really has a sub to apple plus tho come on

I got 6 months free for having an Apple device, then 3 months for having a PS5 and then 3 months for having a Samsung TV.

I don't think I've ever actually paid for it but I've had a years worth of it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I think the show is fun. Not everything needs to be a masterpiece and we all know awards are in-industry circlejerks anyway

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Konar posted:

Ok this show is annoying actually English people, I'm back on board

Lol but also the show is wholesome and I like having a show where everyone is nice to each other 😁

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I like Yellowjackets. It has Christina Ricci in it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

austin powers is a work of art

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My parents love that show

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

OP you should bring this devastating critique of the show to TV IV, they need to hear this. GBS however will not appreciate the subtle intelligence in your argument, I'm afraid this will fall on deaf ears in these parts.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
It's comfort viewing. Like when my wife wants to murder me because I'm rewatching The Office for the 500th time I can switch to Ted Lasso because at least it's "new" but still just as nonconfrontational and safe.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you know the guy who plays Ted Lasso? Ted Lasso's not even his real name. it';s all bullshit

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hey i just realized i can watch old episodes of coach and nobody can stop me

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

EDIT: i was wrong dont watch old episodes of coach guys trust me

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

kntfkr posted:

I like Yellowjackets. It has Christina Ricci in it.

Four episodes in, it’s ok so far though I wish they’d take it easy on the time jumps. Keeps going from the interesting plane crash survivors figuring it out to “what’s going on in suburbia?”

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I think the show is fun. Not everything needs to be a masterpiece and we all know awards are in-industry circlejerks anyway

truly pathetic posting :cmon:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bring back game of thrones

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

It's comfort viewing. Like when my wife wants to murder me because I'm rewatching The Office for the 500th time I can switch to Ted Lasso because at least it's "new" but still just as nonconfrontational and safe.

This is a really good post on why not to watch Ted Lasso.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It’s just a more drawn-out version of Major League, right? I only watched the first episode and that was the vibe I got, so I just rewatched the Major League movies instead

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

How come they call it Ted Lasso when he never even uses a lasso? I don't even think lassos are common in soccer in europe yet

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think this show was only popular because it came out during covid lockdowns

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

When my wife and I visited the UK we went to the pub in the show for lunch. It was best meal I had in the UK. I was much happier when the French leg of the trip started.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jason Sudeikis can do a lot better than this poo poo

or maybe he can't

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

The Saucer Hovers posted:

truly pathetic posting :cmon:

I don' think your posting is good. Not everything needs to be edgy hysteria and we all know The Saucer Hovers is a jerk anyway.

:tipshat:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

But it's a backwater MURICAN in england??? Can you imagine the CRAZY capers he gets up to? The cultural misunderstandings??

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

The hot secretary at my office is always sending me Ted Lasso gifs in the slack chat. I shoot a few back because I want to hit that in the supply closet but I live in fear of the day she asks me about my favourite episode. I'm not watching some feelgood limey soccer show for all the pussy in the world honestly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jillian poo poo posted:

The hot secretary at my office is always sending me Ted Lasso gifs in the slack chat. I shoot a few back because I want to hit that in the supply closet but I live in fear of the day she asks me about my favourite episode. I'm not watching some feelgood limey soccer show for all the pussy in the world honestly

just do it and pretend you're Jason Sudeikis doing What's Up With That dude

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jillian poo poo posted:

"My favorite ep? The one where the guy SCORES" *take her hand and lead her to the supply closet*

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It's a show that has moments instead of episodes. I've seen every one, but since they rarely have a beginning, middle and end, no single episode really sticks in one's mind. The show just kind of continues episode to episode since it's meant to be binge watched.

Just say the amsterdam episode is your favorite and you'll be in the clear.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

"My favorite ep? The one where the guy SCORES" *take her hand and lead her to the supply closet*

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Bramble posted:

It was best meal I had in the UK.

Faint praise, op