Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Popular president bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

who really has a sub to apple plus tho come on

I got it for Severance after TVIV raved about it, then watched Shining Girls and The Afterparty

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
taking my football team (that's what we call a soccer team here in jolly old england) for a little field trip to learn a valuable life lesson, while they act like middle schoolers impressed by the chemistry teacher putting diet coke and mentos together.

don't forget it's ok to cry, chads.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Severance is awesome. Buuuut it probably should have just been a miniseries because it feels like just one more episode would have told a complete story. Still highly recommended. It starts out okay. The final three episodes are some of the best TV I致e ever watched.

It was written as a single season. Ben stiller convinced the writer to scrap his idea for a tidy ending and leave the season on a huge cliffhanger. There's an interview where the show creator gave it all 'i really wasn't sure about the idea but he eventually won me over'

I loved it so much but I was genuinely mad at the ending. It's one thing to keep story threads going at the end of a season but that was just not showing us the last episode so they had time to write new threads. If they gently caress up season 2 they'll retroactively ruin the first too.

And ted lasso sucks because everyone is so nice to each other. I like Brett Goldstein, but his new show shrinking is much better. People are nice to each other in that - but also flawed and complex.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 24, 2023

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

cubicle gangster posted:

It was written as a single season. Ben stiller convinced the writer to scrap his idea for a tidy ending and leave the season on a huge cliffhanger.

Ben Stiller is a huge rear end in a top hat for thinking that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fail Failso

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Popular show bad. Can we gas the thread

CameronisGod
Dec 19, 2022

by Pragmatica

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'll gas your face with my stinky farts

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I swear I've been hearing about Ted Lasso from loving everywhere the past few couple weeks. I know the show has been going on for a couple years, but now no one can shut up about it even though the last season was bad (?).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ted :gas:so

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hahaha

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

cat botherer posted:

I swear I've been hearing about Ted Lasso from loving everywhere the past few couple weeks. I know the show has been going on for a couple years, but now no one can shut up about it even though the last season was bad (?).

It's literally the only mainstream tv show that has new episodes airing at the moment. Every other watercooler type show has either finished its run or wont get season for another year.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

like Ted op is being looked at by British football fans

WANKER

WANKER

WANKER

WANKER

WANKER

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Goons hate on everything.

THE OFFICE SUCKS!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Preoptopus posted:

Goons hate on everything.

THE OFFICE SUCKS!!!

:agreed:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

🅱️⚽

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

edgy hysteria

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
why isn't there a bocce ball sitcom yet you could have Italians saying "mama mia" and "pizza, mi scusi" and stuff

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
I've never seen it, but it can't be any worse than that lovely succession show that everyone keeps talking about.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
just watch clips of the sopranos on youtube if you absolutely need your prestige tv fix

i cannot imagine a more aggressively boring premise for a tv show than "american football coach moves to london to coach a soccer team"

i mean jesus loving christ. goons bitched and moaned about anime people playing minecraft to the point where any display of appreciation for them in gbs gets an immediate "wtf" response and yet this dead on arrival, pre-calcified pile of dogshit has had three threads made about it in the last month

what is wrong with your brains where you heard about this thing and didn't immediately yeet it from your consciousness

olives black fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 4, 2023

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

kntfkr posted:

you know the guy who plays Ted Lasso? Ted Lasso's not even his real name. it';s all bullshit

All I can think about is him ODing on coke in Eastbound and Down to Walk Like an Egyptian

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gently caress Ted

gently caress popular lovely show

gently caress the thread gas it and give op forum cancer permanently

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Edit nvm op has been compromised to a permanent end

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Edit nvm op has been compromised to a permanent end

Hell yeah

John Cena

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I swear I never heard of this show until a week or two ago and now I'm seeing people talking about it everywhere.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
People say it's the nicest show on television, but the characters always felt fake-nice to me. In S1 at least everyone on the show had to fit in the role of either a naughty child betraying an authority figure's trust or a wise and tolerant parent-figure (even if the characters are the same age) who generously forgives them. Everyone's on someone else's moral leash. It wasn't as feel-good or funny as The Good Place or Schitt's Creek. I don't know even where the idea that they don't make nice comedies any more came from. When people talk about how "wholesome" Ted Lasso is I feel like they're just talking about how protestant it is.

Edit: even the Ted/Rebecca intro was annoying to me. Pushing unasked for homemade cookies on someone, insisting over their objections, and acting like you're doing them a favor. It just feels like a dickhead's idea of what nice people would act like.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 4, 2023

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the final episode have all the soccer players dancing and singing "goodbye farewell" for him and honestly I'm not sure I hated anything on tv more. It was absurdly pandering, like it was just begging for people to call it wholesome and heartwarming on social media.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

The only Apple show I've actually enjoyed so far is High Desert with Patricia Arquette, who plays a burnout living in the Southern California desert. Rupert Friend also plays a TV news anchor turned hippie guru who abandoned his career live on-air, and Bernadette Peters the Broadway singer has a great supporting role as a former actress who gets roped into burnout lady's schemes. It reminds me of Weeds, without being so dependent on cliffhangers, or perhaps if somebody had gone through with the utterly terrible idea of making a Big Lebowski TV series. BUT it's probably not good enough to be worth an Apple subscription all on its own.

Also, why does every TV show have a billion producers these days? Half the people in this show's credits are producers, I think I counted like 16 separate producer credits in the opening for the lovely Star Trek Picard show, etc.

Private Cumshoe posted:

why isn't there a bocce ball sitcom yet you could have Italians saying "mama mia" and "pizza, mi scusi" and stuff

and seriously tho, how the gently caress do you play bocce ball?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They don't have Google in grumpy land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
I watched season 1 and it was alright. A nice thought experiment "What if Britain was a real place?" Then I watched the Christmas episode and it was so saccharine I got diabetes