Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Beer Gay So What posted:

What shows are you watching?

the newest show i watch is succession. i like it a lot

on netflix i like 'the 100' and my cousin gave me his battlestar galactica dvds and that is really good i am almost finished

i also like prison break. we watched that one inside hahaha. but other prison shows are hard for me to watch

prison break is funny and silly though so i can handle it

he says i should watch a show called lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i look forward to the day when we can get one of these threads where the goon isn't a violent murdering type, maybe some white collar inside trading type stuff would be palatable

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Konar posted:

i look forward to the day when we can get one of these threads where the goon isn't a violent murdering type, maybe some white collar inside trading type stuff would be palatable

I sometimes use my employee discount to make straw purchases for my friends. This is against company policy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How many people did you brawl with in prison?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
YouTube is a treasure, if you make an account algorithms will suggest more things you may be interested in if you thumbs up or down things, or just learn about whatever and search it.

Music streaming services if you give some likes and dislikes will feed you new bands you may dig.

If you want a job maybe a trade union would take a felon, you won't likely be able to work at big state and federal facilities, but we don't judge, you did your time and we are just building stuff by ourselves, or with a team mostly.

It's possible to block most ads and avoid commercials if you try hard enough.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

EorayMel posted:

How many people did you brawl with in prison?

this happened a lot in my first 10 years or so. i don't know how many. i spent a lot of time ctq, that means confined to quarters. after that i chilled out and became less angry at the world and myself for doing what i did.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

the gently caress is wrong with you?

The internet has revolutionized the entire shopping experience! Our murderous friend has paid his debt to society, so now it's time to rack up some debt in the name of Amazon.com, Inc.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

YouTube is a treasure, if you make an account algorithms will suggest more things you may be interested in if you thumbs up or down things, or just learn about whatever and search it.

Music streaming services if you give some likes and dislikes will feed you new bands you may dig.

If you want a job maybe a trade union would take a felon, you won't likely be able to work at big state and federal facilities, but we don't judge, you did your time and we are just building stuff by ourselves, or with a team mostly.

It's possible to block most ads and avoid commercials if you try hard enough.

thank you this is the kind of thing i was hoping to learn

youtube does look cool. i have used it a little but i get a lot of suggestions that i don't like, like right wing stuff and i dont know why.

i don't know anything much at all about music anymore. i liked the hair metal stuff when i was younger but now i don't know what to try. my cousin showed me his spotify and it looks really cool

yes i am looking at trade unions to get a start. i wanted to be a nurse or teacher when i was in high school but that didn't work out

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So do you regret it or what

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

harveys zoo zoos posted:

the newest show i watch is succession. i like it a lot

on netflix i like 'the 100' and my cousin gave me his battlestar galactica dvds and that is really good i am almost finished

i also like prison break. we watched that one inside hahaha. but other prison shows are hard for me to watch

prison break is funny and silly though so i can handle it

he says i should watch a show called lost

I would say that one of the positives of being locked up is that you didnt have to watch Lost, so imo avoid that one!

HBO has some great mini series, Rome I would suggest as well as Boardwalk Empire.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

You have a lot of videogames to catch up on once you get some income. You'll never run out of shows with the amount of backlog you have. These are good times.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Konar posted:

Killing someone for molesting your sister should just be a verbal warning, maybe some community service. Calling someone a violent murderer for doing it, that should earn you some time.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow, this guy never even got a chance to play Ocarina of Time, he barely missed out on it by a couple of years. drat imagine just sitting next to him and watching him play that poo poo for the first time and how amazed he would be.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 25, 2023

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I murdered an entire bucket of KFC at lunch and it only molested my sister a little tiny bit

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The most important thing to know is that they made this show called Game of Thrones which started great, got terrible, and then very recently got good again.

Not much else notable happened

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Calling someone a violent murderer for doing it, that should earn you some time.

I'm mixing this guy with the other lovely thread and "violent murdery type" I think fits the bill for someone who took upon themselves to do a breaking bad dramatic rear end display like forcing someone to hang themsevles lol

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Konar posted:

Look at this guy, pearl clutching around a ~50 year old that's asking some simple harmless questions on the internet. Very brave.

Harvey, we need to find you some "babby's intro to not getting scammed and clicking phishing links" guides. That'll really help. There's a lot of content on the internet and there's a lot of poo poo you need to keep your nose out of.

Here's some PBS video regarding cybersecurity in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpxddDzXfE

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 23, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newhart was all a dream.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Konar posted:

I'm mixing this guy with the other lovely thread and "violent murdery type" I think fits the bill for someone who took upon themselves to do a breaking bad dramatic rear end display like forcing someone to hang themsevles lol

This guy was nearly a decade ahead of Vince Gilligan, think about that

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

sure okay posted:

The most important thing to know is that they made this show called Game of Thrones which started great, got terrible, and then very recently got good again.

Not much else notable happened

I just realized in OPs entire stint GRRM released what, Winds of Winter?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i wanted to be a nurse or teacher when i was in high school but that didn't work out

Dunno why you can't still be a teacher, you seem p good at showing folks the ropes

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Toxic Mental posted:

So do you regret it or what

yes and i hate my stepfather for making me feel like i needed to do it. he was an evil man and he made me do an evil act. until then the only violence i had done was a short schoolyard fistfight.

honestly though and many of you might not believe it but i am a happy person now. and after many years of not seeing a single tree i can enjoy sitting on my mom's porch and watching the birds. i like that a lot and it brings me peace.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Newhart was all a dream.

The Newhart series finale aired on May 21, 1990, which was before OP's incarceration.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

JohnCompany posted:

Dunno why you can't still be a teacher, you seem p good at showing folks the ropes

this is a good one it made me laugh

the only humor i really know is gallows humor

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Konar posted:

The idea was almost certainly for it to look like suicide, not for dramatic effect. You understand that right?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
do you remember video games op? basically no one plays them anymore, now we just watch other people play them. the people that play video games now are mostly racists and/or pedophiles. but they're a necessary evil, because we need them to play video games for us.

I think some other stuff is different too. I only really know about video games.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

yeah i wanted it to look like a suicide. i was a dumb kid and my sister had just hanged herself

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna do you a favor OP and tell you to not watch the last episode of Battlestar Galactica.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harveys zoo zoos posted:

yeah i wanted it to look like a suicide. i was a dumb kid and my sister had just hanged herself

Wouldn't they have noticed that someone broke into the house?

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

STABASS posted:

do you remember video games op? basically no one plays them anymore, now we just watch other people play them. the people that play video games now are mostly racists and/or pedophiles. but they're a necessary evil, because we need them to play video games for us.

I think some other stuff is different too. I only really know about video games.

the only games i really remember are flight simulator and a goofy little airplane game called sopwith camel

the computer i use is way too old and my hands are too old and broken to play anything anyway

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

Three Olives posted:

Wouldn't they have noticed that someone broke into the house?

not the way i entered no

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

harveys zoo zoos posted:

the only games i really remember are flight simulator and a goofy little airplane game called sopwith camel

the computer i use is way too old and my hands are too old and broken to play anything anyway

https://dosgames.com/game/sopwith/

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
hey don't watch lost man. you "lost" a lot of time. don't lose more watching "lost"!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's worth noting OP that people online are jerks 90% of the time, and they don't have anything better to do than to try and hurt your feelings so they can finally feel better than someone else.

It's not entirely dissimilar to real life but much harder to punch them in the face when they clearly deserve it, so they just keep it up forever or until they finally get the courage to kill themselves.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

harveys zoo zoos posted:

thank you this is the kind of thing i was hoping to learn

youtube does look cool. i have used it a little but i get a lot of suggestions that i don't like, like right wing stuff and i dont know why.

i don't know anything much at all about music anymore. i liked the hair metal stuff when i was younger but now i don't know what to try. my cousin showed me his spotify and it looks really cool

yes i am looking at trade unions to get a start. i wanted to be a nurse or teacher when i was in high school but that didn't work out

the right wing stuff being pushed to you on youtube is a modern feature of most social media algorithms that are designed to push content that 'increases engagement' (stuff that is most likely to shock and enrage people) no matter what. you have to manually start blocking those videos and channels and EVENTUALLY you'll stop seeing that poo poo.. mostly

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

harveys zoo zoos posted:

https://hangmanwordgame.com/

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

harveys zoo zoos posted:

my hands are too old and broken to play anything anyway

Nah, get a modern controller in your hands and get a bit of practice and you can do it. If you want, I mean I imagine you may want to focus on more outdoor activities.

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

oh my gosh this is it

wow i loved this game so much haha

thank you

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I heard Tears Of The Kingdom is a good video game if you can scrounge up 70 dollars for it plus at least 300 for the Nintendo Switch to play it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

It's worth noting OP that people online are jerks 90% of the time, and they don't have anything better to do than to try and hurt your feelings so they can finally feel better than someone else.

It's not entirely dissimilar to real life but much harder to punch them in the face when they clearly deserve it, so they just keep it up forever or until they finally get the courage to kill themselves.

i lived in close quarters with violent jerks most of my life i think i can handle some dummies sitting behind a computer screen. they mean nothing to me.

the bad people make the good people look that much better - smile