Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.
Welcome to the future! Technology’s really improved: machines are better about taking beat up dollar bills.

What’s your favorite junk food from then and now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i haven't been able to find the type of honey buns i loved as a kid and that makes me sad. same thing with hostess fruit pies.

i don't know what's out there today. you folks seem like you might know a thing or two about junk food, so tell harvey what your favorite zoo zoos are.
My favorite zoo zoos are gone. I really loved the waxy, winelike, firm type of fruit snack from the early 90s, but by the 2000s they were all discontinued. Fruit snacks now have a very gummy/mallowy texture and taste way too sweet with very little fruit flavor. Just like how you’ve noticed everything being way too salty, many things nowadays are way too sweet with no flavor.

If you like Reese’s they’ve made a ton of varieties of that. Also a bunch of new flavors of Twix. Kinder Happy Hippos, Tropical Dots, Wiley Wallaby licorice, and grape Red Vines are some of my favorites right now. If you have a candy store nearby with an international section or Japanese supermarket there’s a Japanese jellybean brand called Poifull that’s excellent. A lot of Japanese peach candy and drinks are great too.

We still have a lot of junky cereal and they keep coming out with new kinds too. Check your local Walmart, they usually get them first and/or exclusively. Fruity Pebbles with Marshmallows, Kellogg’s Krave, Fruit Loops with Marshmallows, Wendy’s Frosty Cereal, and Post S’Mores are some of my favorites.

There’s a lot of new flavors of Mountain Dew. My favorite is Baja Blast. It’s got a lime/fruity citric acid taste. I also like Earp’s Sarsaparilla, and Brownie Caramel Root Beer, but I only find those at specialty shops. Some fast food places have machines called Coca Cola Freestyle where you can make custom soda flavors. I like Lime Coke and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

What are your favorite flavors?

How did dude manage to cut off his own testicles if knives aren’t allowed?

What did it feel like the day you were released?

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

(Third?)ing a zoo zoos crew gang tag.

Back on the topic of junk food, I was thinking that the latest trend is coming out with new flavors of previous favorites instead of making whole new snacks. For example, there are so many flavors of Oreos, so many flavors of Lay’s, and so on. And on that note, you’ll probably notice there’s a lot of chips made out of things other than potatoes: chickpeas, cauliflower, beans, and kale to name a few.

Did you see anyone using the internet before you were in the slam? I think I saw the internet for the first time in 1996.

What was a regular day like there?

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I’m so excited that you got to experience modern theaters for the first time! That must have been a trip!

I love getting Sun Maid chocolate covered raisins, popcorn and a white cherry Icee. Hell yeah.

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006