Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i wanted to ask y'all

what is up with all the star wars stuff hahaha. i loved all the movies as a kid

i watched phantom menace last night and wow i uh don't know. i mean it looked good to me but there was so much dumb stuff. jar jar. what is that mess come on

cousin todd watches that boba fett show whatever it is, i don't know. but there's so much star wars now.

did people go nuts for the new trilogy when it came out

are any of the new movies really good

Great thread, dude, and welcome back to the world.

There's a lot more dumb stuff where those movies came from. That lightsaber fight between Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gonn? That is the best "new" Star Wars you'll see on screen except for the movie Rogue One (which is basically "How did we get the Death Star plans in the first place?" -- a great film -- and sets up Andor, the best Star Wars TV show).

The Boba Fett TV show is meh, but the Mandalorian (who wears armor like Boba Fett's) is like a Western in Star Wars, which is a good thing, complete with things like its own Magnificent Seven (well, Two) episode.

eta:

cumpantry posted:

harvey you should watch starship troopers

Admiralty Flag fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So in between the ceaseless recommendations of media and the even more ceaseless sniping about media recommendations, I'd really like to hear any of OP's further reflections on life on the outside.

You went in a while ago, and as others have noted, technology has flown at an amazing rate since. Could you tell us more about what's confused our surprised you? Or, what you thought would be confusing/surprising but has been easy to pick up?

Given your changed tastes (everything's so salty now, you said) have you found any new zoo zoos you like? One of my favorites, when I can find them, are pretzel M&Ms: M&M shells and chocolate surrounding a pretzel core. I don't know if you'd find them too salty, because pretzels are supposed to be salty, but maybe you'd like them.

One thing that is great, as people have said, is that it's much easier to find good food in a lot of different cuisines than it used to be, whether in mainstream grocery stores or in restaurants. This is even true in rural places, unless you're really in the sticks -- I don't know how rural you are when you say you're rural.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i thought it was sus when he dropped the one liner, "nice of you to... hang around"

"Drop in anytime."