Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Konar posted:

i look forward to the day when we can get one of these threads where the goon isn't a violent murdering type, maybe some white collar inside trading type stuff would be palatable

Look at this guy, pearl clutching around a ~50 year old that's asking some simple harmless questions on the internet. Very brave.

Harvey, we need to find you some "babby's intro to not getting scammed and clicking phishing links" guides. That'll really help. There's a lot of content on the internet and there's a lot of poo poo you need to keep your nose out of.

Here's some PBS video regarding cybersecurity in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpxddDzXfE

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
OH! Get your hands on a bicycle.

If outside is doing it for you, this poo poo rules. I discovered how much I loving loved cycling in my mid-20s but it's so low-impact that it's a sport/practice I will keep doing until I croak. I can ride 50 miles and none of my joints hurt. Running destroys me.

Plus, you can get around. If you're in rural America and poor, this is a pretty good solution.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
The problem with explaining what came from this site is that most of that poo poo happened late 90s, early 2000s and is now super duper loving outdated.

We could go into that and there is a whole thread about internet necromancy.

Basically the list above is a good reference for silly poo poo that spun off into their own brand of stupid poo poo (internet vocab word for stupid poo poo: memes).

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

harveys zoo zoos posted:

is this site just a cyber prison for weirdos

Buddy, you don't know how right you are.

Been in this clink since 2007 and I feel e-institutionalized.