Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

730 or 8 until 2pm - work. some jobs i had were laundry, building maintenance, yard maintenance. i got paid anywhere from 0.15 cents to 0.50 cents per hour.

sometimes i'm forced to remember that america still has over 1 million people enslaved by state sanctioned enterprises and that baffles me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also it shouldn't surprise me (because of americas hatred of its prisoners) but even in prison where there's basically nothing to do, you don't even get 8 hours of sleep? loving wack. the grind never ends

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i see star symbols beside some user names and i get those are moderators but there are different colors like gray, blue, and red. are they the c/o's of the weird cyber prison haha

basically yeah. grey star = ik or idiot king, basically a local moderator. can only give 6 hour probations but can request more. some volatile threads have their own ik. blue star = moderator, can give up t oa 24 hour probation, but only in their own forum. red star = admin, approves long probations and bans, and can probate or ban anywhere on the site

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

and a general internet question. my mom had dial-up internet for a very long time. are there still people who use that

we have i think 25 mbs internet. i know that is slow but we are rural so there isn;t much more we can afford

dial up still exists iirc, especially in remote areas. basically it's cheap infrastructure to build where there's already phone lines and you don't need to lay down fibre optic cables/. but it's quite rare in north america. there's a new thing called starlink by a company launching hella satellites that in theory will be able to provide low cost, high bandwidth internet anywhere on earth. a lot of people have strong opinions on the company doing this and the man who owns it (spacex, elon musk)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

okay. do you think i will be able to play games with my 25mb connection. i think cousin todd might upgrade our service though, he said something about that.

should be okay. downloads may take a while cause games are huge now but the gaming itself should be fine

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

what kinda games you tryna play btw. sorry if you said already but i just started reading the thread and its already long as hell. i assume goons have also questioned the veracity of thos story and have concluded that it is plausible

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

It is probably the best time in history to enjoy music. There's so much of it, it can be overwhelming. Most services will have a button you can hit when listening to a song you like to find similar songs, I've found a lot of artists I like that way. I also browse new/trending stuff on the homepages of those services when I want to leave my bubble.

YouTube is really great for listening to music for free. Especially live performances.

honestly it's true. modern music is excellent. lots of pushing the frontier, and lots of artists that crank out the same sound that was popular in years past. you can listen to all youer favourites, poo poo that sounds like your favourites, or push your boundaries trivially easy these days

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol getting really heated making tv and movie suggestions for a guy who was in jail for decades. classic gbs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP!!!!

this guy freaking loves Recommending Media

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

harveys zoo zoos posted:

i don't know about any of this but your avatar guy reminds me of the inmate we called 'spitshow' that i mentioned. the one who would blow bubbles with cum or whatever else. haha

maybe you should change your username haha

thanks for this harv, i've queued up a name change for that poster :thanks:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Post the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

simply epic