Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
YouTube is a treasure, if you make an account algorithms will suggest more things you may be interested in if you thumbs up or down things, or just learn about whatever and search it.

Music streaming services if you give some likes and dislikes will feed you new bands you may dig.

If you want a job maybe a trade union would take a felon, you won't likely be able to work at big state and federal facilities, but we don't judge, you did your time and we are just building stuff by ourselves, or with a team mostly.

It's possible to block most ads and avoid commercials if you try hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

There are I think 2 apps for somethingawful that many prefer for using this site on their phone, I use the awful app myself.

I don't know why people are saying goon discord singular when there are at least 58 but those are more niche or per game and you'll usually find the invite in the opening post of a thread you are interested in.

If you get that junkyard and recycling job be careful and don't let your boss browbeat you into doing really dangerous jobs just because they may know you won't have the same opportunities as a regular joe.

I had a literal one day layoff (didn't know that at the time) and I called an employment agency that placed me at a scrap sorting facility and there were people jamming sticks in machines past the disabled guards and climbing 20 foot high stuff to clear jams and that's whatever, I've been there, but now that I know OSHA regulations it's pretty sketchy.

The only way I can tell them to pound sand if they ask me to do that stuff now is because I'm union and government so we ought to be following occupational safety rules by default.
(I'm still in one of the top dangerous jobs even following safety protocols)

Learning OSHA just made me laugh because I've broken almost every rule at some point earlier in my career, but be careful out there.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I enjoy SA avatars, but my cell service at work is not great and I 100% read way too many threads on here so I have avatars turned off mobile.

This topic moves pretty fast and lets me keep reading things so I am all about it, it doesn't move too fast to where I can't keep up without it becoming like a full time job.
Just right so far.

One banking regulation change that you may not know about :
You can make it so you don't overdraft by declining overdraft protection, this means your debit card will just read out of money (if you are) so keep $20 somewhere for a true emergency, but prevents those banking fat cats from slamming you with $35 fees that are hard for a poor person living paycheck to paycheck to cope with.

The internet has helpful tips some call life hacks, most of which are real and work, but there are fake ones too just to drive traffic or trick you.

harveys zoo zoos posted:

man you could hide two of your geese in those things
JNCO jeans were pretty good for hacky sack

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I think you said you liked sinead o'connor

She ripped up a picture of the pope on Saturday night live and got a lot of backlash from that.

Turns out a lot of priests were molesters and pedophiles after all and the church was hiding a lot of it.

A band called the Dixie chicks talked smack about the U.S invading Afghanistan and Iraq and were also kinda blackballed.

There have been quite a few "leakers" that have exposed what the U.S and others are up to with their military/civilian access or hacking and it embarrassed the hell out of the government and maybe put some lives at risk, but the truth wants to be free I guess.

That Google tip above is good to know, one thing that separates from your generation and older from mine (millennials) is that I can research things and make an effort to Google things I want to know; to fix things or make informed decisions or purchases, somethingawful and sometimes reddit can help

Some older folks can do it or learn, others just go by what cousin Bob or Bill at the store said once against all evidence and in opposition to changing science, research and reality.