Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
idk if your shop is good or not, but if they are, approaching "the truck drives like this, and i wish it would drive like that" is a different approach and might get different results than "i want specifically these things changed in my setup". if they're clueless then you're better off doing your own diag, but if they deal with rigs set up like yours a lot maybe they can help you figure it out. in any case, don't get too short sighted / tunnel visioned into one specific solution. i like CSB's idea with the gopro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Vampire Panties posted:

also I really want to hear about the fart-yoke and if they've encountered that before. I've been thinking about it, and there's a lot of complaints about 'thumps' from other Tacoma/4runner drivers, but nothing like that. The dudes had to disconnect the shaft from the rear axle to install 5.29 gears, none of them noticed the yoke was fart-loaded? :thunk:

ok what the gently caress is this. this is the fourth time you have mentioned this in the thread but i have zero context what a fart yoke is. i know what a fart is and i know what a yoke is, but im kind of stupid.

re: software, ive used freecad for simple stuff before, but that might not be as straightforward as you want. its still a kinda janky full 3d modeling program.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
idk if modern vehicles will complain about it, but if you think the rear driveshaft is a source of your bounciness, cant you just take it out and run in "4hi" (which would now be fwd-hi)

then you could decouple which symptoms are the shaft and which are the suspension

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
what happened to the $20 stock shocks you were going to throw on there for a diagnostic?

if your current rear shocks are over-damped, going to a stock shock is pretty likely to be under-damped for your new spring rate, so that should be a pretty strong signal if the shocks are a major source of your woe. if the rear still rides hard with the soft stock shocks, then that tells you something.

seems like a good value for the price of a mediocre restaurant meal