Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
honestly gonna agree talk in normal terms because the nicknames or snide names make it drat hard to follow with what your trying to say. It makes it hard to even attempt to get what is the problem.

As is, it seems weird that youd be hitting bump stops even with stock springs with only a couple hundred extra pounds on it, even if a tacoma isnt a heavy duty truck. I don't really get what you mean by it rides like poo poo, is it to stiff? to soft? steering off? all of these can mean other things are the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Dude I'd honestly be wanting to start from scratch and put everything back to stock because it honestly feels like your chasing your tail trying to figure out things. While not reasonable I realize because much of this is stuff you'd need a garage (or a dependable mechanic and money) to do, at this point you've gone past where I'd throw up a towel and reverse things because you seem to be tossing parts on and researching, but not really understanding the fundemental issue at hand, and likely causing problems your chasing to fix other issues.

Like I said, I get that reasonably this isn't realistic, but at the same time you should try and do a breakdown of what's changed from stock, and when did the issues get worse, ie new lift, new shocks, ect. As is, based on what you've said I wonder if anything you had done by the one shop is actually decent, or if it might be done incorrectly and causing other problems.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Legit if it were me I'd get rid of the lift if possible (I have no idea how much effort it would take) and start there.

Like legit it seems like almost every issue starts and ends with the lift you put on and it very likely is that the lift hosed something up either in install, or because the suspension changes resulted in it being more prone to bouncing harder due to being higher.

Having never lifted, driven, or riding in a lifted truck I cant comment on how one done correctly should feel to ride in, but I can absolutely assume that one done sloppily would gently caress your suspension up, likely gently caress your bearings up, and make it so the thing is like riding on a pogo stick.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
honestly what honda said, along side that you just keep seeming to toss money at the thing when even you are telling us you can't keep doing so. I would honestly put the drat thing back to stock on everything possible, including removing the lift kit. You just seem to be chasing your tail and going nowhere. I doubt the fox suspension is a pos, it might not be installed right but it in general is a decent kit.

And honestly if that video you posted of your trip to joshua is anything that looks fine imo, yeah its bouncing a bit but doesn't seem like its outrageous for a truck driving down a dirt road that has a bit of a washboard look. If that was stock I wouldn't even be batting an eye at that. I might not have much experience doing 4x4 that isn't a sidexside or atv, but compared to what your describing that honestly was fine. Like CSB said, you arent going to have it drive like its smooth as glass on the road if its geared up for offroading, and you added so much stuff that its impossible to tell even start at attempting to fix it to make on road driving more comfortable at this point.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Please do not do the f250. If anything csb has shown physically and practically how inadequate most truck frames are for in bed campers especially when your going off road. You'll have the same issues, torsning the frame and rip in the middle of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Legit didn't think that was a Chevy, thought it was a Freightliner ambulance conversion