Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If I'm looking at that driveshaft right... Pull the zerk fitting and test it. Should act as a vent. Idk if out forever would be a good idea but should give a very quick this is or is not an issue test.

Also I'm not a truck person, so this comes from track car world, but thinking out loud. Are your shocks single adjustable or double adjustable? I ask because you mention harshness on the initial hit then it keeps rocking. That sounds like it's to stiff on compression and to soft on rebound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Any chance your upper or lower arms got their bushing bolts torqued at full droop? If it's not on the tires when that stuff gets tightened the bushings will all be locked at maximum give. Usually it shreds them in short order. Also makes it ride like it has no suspension.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Unless there are large unposted chunks of testing happening in the background, your approach to diagnostics isn't going to work.

As far as I can tell you bounce between the problem is shocks, springs, sway bars, the drive shaft, needle bearings, and ??? Then you do one change, throw your hands up in exasperation, and head off to a completely different part.

gently caress it new shocks might do the thing but the parts shotgun got you into this mess.

Tell us about the shocks you have now. Have you tried making one small change to their settings, test, small change, test, through the whole range? Or just slamming between max one way vs max the other?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

So you changed the trucks weight, tire pressures, low speed shock settings, and high speed shock settings. Now it's different.

I would do one change at a time. Starting with tire pressures. Set them to how the truck will be used the majority of the time.

Test, take notes.

Set the weight to standard use, sounds like fully packed?

Test, take notes.

Make 1 shock adjustment. (To be specific adjust one setting on one pair of shocks, front or rear)

Test.

Adjust.

Test.

This will slowly build a guide book for tuning your suspension. You'll have notes for different conditions, and what changes have what effect.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Welp *slaps knees*

I'm gonna head out.

Good luck with your truck or van or whatever.