Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Are you expecting IED's out there? Get some RunFlat's too it cant hurt the ride quality much.
Sorry about your bad bones and rear end. Here's an anecdote about my old XJ Sport, real base modelly and stock as hell, the seats sucked for me. Didn't slide far enough back, and sat too low and my knees where not having it. I got some Corbeu seats just to get a different seat bracket and they looked kinda poo poo and they where also poo poo in general. But i miss fooling around going up any old dirt roads and it just did incredible things. It was honestly pretty sharp on the street too.
Well, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Look your situation seems rough but how does it matter if you do NOT have the Tacoma? Sell it off, say you don't like how it drive, try not to go on a whole tirade about shops and shocks. (just do this easy thing that is easy for other people dummy)
Get a comfortable runaround. Why is having an overlander so mission critical?

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Seems like you've done some real good prioritising up to this point. Now it is true the world hates us all with a passion and wants us gone, I dont see how throwing all your money onto a pickup truck is gonna save you.
You seem a little frizzled and I dont know what sort of advice is gonna stick when your this deep in the hole.

You might become homeless. What is lifted tricked out shortbed with a fiberglass coffin and a plywood bench gonna do? Homeless AND broke. Those wheels will get you nowhere.

This could seem offensive and I will take the timeout if it comes but are you supposed to be on prescription meds to maintain a baseline?

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

I don't care about 4x4 right now - it seems like its 15k in parts to make a 2wd van into 4wd, so its always an option, but a rear spooling locker and liberal use of the long pedal will do everything I need for the moment. Ideally i'd like either a Triton V8 or the 6.0l Chevy I think? I only care about reliability, and IIRC the Triton V10 / 5.4L Chevy motors arent great.

Earlier you said you where about to be homeless. And even though you are getting rid of the cash furnace toyota, you're not wasting a moment before getting right back on your bullshit. I dont understand. How about spending 15000$ on rent?