Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Vampire Panties posted:

There's dudes on the Tacomaworld forum talking about dry or excessively greased yokes from the dealership.

When I check and grease the caliper slides on my Corolla, when I put them back in I find that theres an air bubble in there that gets sealed by the grease and the rubber boots. Typically I can use my fingers and push it in and out a bunch of times and that will eventually cause the trapped air to dissipate and not keep trying to push the pin out. Typically it only happens if I put a big glob of lube in there. I'm not saying you can do that with this, though you seem to have solved the problem. But maybe its *supposed* to have just a light coating of grease in there and probably a lot of techs just ram grease in there until they can see it coming out of the seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

It might be too late now, but that super lube poo poo in your picture fuckin sucks poo poo.

I've used it before on brakes and its awful. Might be different on a driveshaft slip yoke, but if you can, use something better.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Vampire Panties posted:

I'm not trying to do crazy poo poo with this truck.

Its probably impractical at this point, too big of a hassle etc etc etc but take everything off, find someone on Tacoma world or wherever the gently caress that wants to upgrade from either stock-stock or the "factory" (dealer installed) TRD lift kit, and sell/swap/barter/whatever the gently caress with them.

You might not be able to carry all the poo poo that you have now, but the ride quality and your mental health improvement will be worth it.

If going down fire roads and poo poo is all you want, the stock or trd upgrade poo poo is WAAAAAY more than you'll ever need.
If you've got tires that are bigger than stock, you might need to trade out the gears and tires/wheels for something closer to stock but again, its more than enough for a lot more poo poo than people think.

Not trying to tell you how to live your life, just a goon's suggestion.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ask 50-55 for it then negotiate down.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

An old cube van would be a decent choice if you want to build it yourself.
My work has a "cab width" GMC 3500 SRW and its tall enough to stand up in with a bit of room to spare. I guess that depends on how tall you are. I'm a couple inches less than 6 feet. Its no wider than the cab of the van hence the name "cab width".

Anywho, its a big box with square corners and square everything. So theres no need to try and even trace the wheel wells to try and make something fit nicely. All that poo poo needs is some 90s and 45s for cuts.
Put a bed in one corner, some shelves above it, a few containers to fit underneath. Some shelves on the other wall. etc etc etc.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I've had leaky ones before but my experience with several of them is they don't leak that often and I've never had anything bad enough that a caulking gun and tube of silicone can't fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hellwig swaybars?

I didn't know the ultimate warrior made away bars...

That's probably the problem. They're too roided out for the truck.