Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Vampire Panties posted:

And Google somehow totally failed me on Tacomas - I dont know how I blew past reasonable mods straight into coffin corner max performance poo poo, but here we are.

As an outsider with only some mild off-road in a stock SUV experience - this is extremely common 4x4 behaviour worldwide. Like sure, when you have specific needs and requirements, you're gunna want some mods. But look how many people immediately jump on the same rote list of mods regardless of requirements. Someone jumps on say the Jeep forums asking what mods they need for their new Wrangler, to be told you NEED 37's and this lift to go with them and these shocks and these sway bars and now you're set to roam everywhere short of King of the Hammers in a truck that now rides like poo poo, owes you a pile of money and the owner never intended to go any further than a run down the beach or maybe some fire roads or whatever, stuff that a perfectly stock vehicle can do. But the internet insisted you need these mods!

I have no idea what your course of action is but agree with others - you're fired up and worried and pissed off. Take a bit of a breath and walk away for a few days, then try to come up with a logical plan. Me, I'd start with the shocks since you got adjustment all up the wazoo there. Either DIY or find some other reputable shop since you seem unsure of the current guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU