Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

they put all my gifs in gif jail too. i hate the new internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey Google, show me the goatse guy's rear end in a top hat

[:nws:]https://i.imgur.com/k1czLAU.png[/:nws:]

Seth Edit: it's a rare Goatse! Like a unicorn....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 24, 2023

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:thunk:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
well that will get you banned.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

unexpected deep cut, 5

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I feel like I have a whole new perspective on life. :dbuddy:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

(Vertically opens and closes anus with hands when speaking)
"Hello, can I... rear end... you a few questions?"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

(Vertically opens and closes anus with hands when speaking)
"Hello, can I... rear end... you a few questions?"

no, your supposed to fit the hands into the rear end then clap

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

flubber nuts posted:

MOD EDIT: Goatse

Wait is this a remix or did he always gape from all directions?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 24, 2023

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
It's real weird how I react to goatse now, almost like welcoming an old friend.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
But yeah no the original was not vertical, this goatman is altered.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Not to imply I'm an expert at this.

I am explicitly an expert at this.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
and that's a 5

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no penis so its technically sfw.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they should bring back ask jeeves, but make him a chatgpt. and you have to say please and thank you to him and ask for things in proper sentences or he refuses.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

same thing happened to me a week or two ago. there was no all button anymore.

This. At first I assumed I clicked the image tab, but the all button was just completely gone.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
"What means shark week?"

Truly, we are a shining city on a hill.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

But yeah no the original was not vertical, this goatman is altered.

Many people ITT clearly haven't downloaded the whole series, sad

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Oh and I did some testing, turns out parenthesis quotes still work when using Google as someone mentioned, I try to avoid Google as much as possible so I never noticed.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

It's real weird how I react to goatse now, almost like welcoming an old friend.

It's not weird at all. Most goons I've seen have a almost familial appreciation for him at this point.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Wait is this a remix or did he always gape from all directions?

Just a friendly reminder to not actually quote the actual goatse photo.

Thanks

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no, your supposed to fit the hands into the rear end then clap

Getting a weird new perspective on rap lyrics

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Floodixor posted:

It's not weird at all. Most goons I've seen have a almost familial appreciation for him at this point.

Kirk's distended ring piece just isn't enough to startle our jaded brains. It's almost quaint. We've all seen too much.

His video series is worth a watch. You'll learn a lot about the capabilities of human anatomy.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

There Bias Two posted:

This. At first I assumed I clicked the image tab, but the all button was just completely gone.

GlaDOS has put you in the testing group for bad ideas that probably won’t work out well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Internet Old One posted:

GlaDOS has put you in the testing group for bad ideas that probably won’t work out well.

It's infuriating. I hate how the general trend is to replace text with vague images at every opportunity.

We already have an image tab, so why am I not given an option??

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Floodixor posted:

One day it will be a religion.

"You think when Kirk comes back he'll want to see a loving ring?"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

erosion posted:

Oh and I did some testing, turns out parenthesis quotes still work when using Google as someone mentioned, I try to avoid Google as much as possible so I never noticed.

another gbs success story

Khorne
May 1, 2002

erosion posted:

Quotes don't always work with google now. If it decides to use w/e lovely ML layer they have then it ignores quotes pretty frequently. If it skips that layer then quotes still work. Also, getting it to exclude words is near impossible now.

Trying to lookup certain technical things is absolutely infuriating now. You will put the exact term as it will appear in documentation in quotes and google just decides ah gently caress it, let's not show that, it's not a high ranked seo term and just some buried page on some nerd vendor site with only 3 results. Clearly this person wants to see this word the ml model thinks is related and has 50 billion results including a wikipedia article with a page score of 23842834. Then it will show some words that aren't in quotes with seo garbage unrelated to what you've searched.

Even trying to find exact quotes from books, with words in quotes being an exact match with a book that google has on google books in searchable form, doesn't work correctly unless you manage to jail break from the lovely machine learning layer. It was showing me generic wikipedia articles about poverty while searching for a Nietzsche quote with Nietzsche in the search query. In order to get the quote to show up in search results I had to recall 12 consecutive words matching the translation and put those in quotes.

The search results for google are some chatgpt-esque garbage now. They try to optimize for "lots of results with big points" instead of "good matches". They favor appearing plentiful/relevant while frequently being completely wrong & unrelated. It's not even the sites they index doing it like past issues, it's google themselves making the results worse. It's frustrating when prior to this you could use quotes, boolean operators, etc and trim down the results to find what you were looking for.

Another change google made a bit back is they deprioritize blogs heavily. It's absolutely terrible when there is a blog post by some phd haver or top few in the world expert with critical info on some niche topic five people care about and now to find it you need to hope they linked it on reddit or a forum & then find that reddit/forum post on google & then click through to the blog.

e: also, whether quotes work or not varies. They're always deploying updates to how search works. Peak "ignoring quotes" was a few months ago. It seems to respect them a bit more now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 24, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's really loving annoying when you can't convince it to ignore certain words.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Lol I will never understand why you get given so much loving leeway to post like this

I believe the term is “forums pet” op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Googling anything related to information about drugs is now impossible because every result is an ad for ____________ Recovery Centers.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It will forever baffle me that every web company deliberately makes their stuff worse.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Animal-Mother posted:

It will forever baffle me that every web company deliberately makes their stuff worse.

If you don’t pay for a service, you are not the customer; you’re the product

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's a poor workman what blames his tools

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

It's a poor workman what blames his tools

Except in this case it's like someone replaced your hammers with the inflatable novelty kind, and all your building materials have been replaced with flyers for cryptocurrency and sketchy retailers.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Except in this case it's like someone replaced your hammers with the inflatable novelty kind, and all your building materials have been replaced with flyers for cryptocurrency and sketchy retailers.

It's not like that at all. You are just bad at searching.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yeah, if I put in a string of words and "South Korea" and it only gives me search results from France because something similar happened there more recently, that ain't on me.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I swing a hammer, instead of hitting a nail an advertisement for Dogecoin appears in midair

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
finding obscure poo poo has definitely felt harder in recent years. also one that I really hate is how google puts shopping and news and random related tags before the "images" button now on mobile. that poo poo loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
all of the food delivery apps have spent the last 5 years removing every feature that could inadvertently lead you to a restaurant that isn't optimally profitable by their algorithm